$100.00 scrap Blaster turned into Rebuild

so, you used the dpx360 main jet and the moose needle from the kit ?

put the stock needle back in it on the middle clip position, airscrew at 1.5 turns out to start, follow the pilot/airscrew tuning link i posted above.
get some genuine mikuni jets size 270-310, start large and plug chop down to perfection.

sorry to say, but we've never had any luck with those "stage this/that" jet kits

did you reinstall the brass washer under the main jet when reassembling it ?

2014-08-22 13.26.53.jpg
[QUOitE="speedyslyder, post: 747155, member: 20365"]still reading but, i would get rid of that fuel filter,there is one in the tank,do compression test,leak test,make sure clutch cable is not to tight and throttle slide is going all the way up.Does it rev all the way when you are parked still?
View attachment 11655[/QUOT
so, you used the dpx360 main jet and the moose needle from the kit ?

put the stock needle back in it on the middle clip position, airscrew at 1.5 turns out to start, follow the pilot/airscrew tuning link i posted above.
get some genuine mikuni jets size 270-310, start large and plug chop down to perfection.

sorry to say, but we've never had any luck with those "stage this/that" jet kits

did you reinstall the brass washer under the main jet when reassembling it ?

I dont remember if 1 was there all I did is replace the needle and the jet everything that was there went back in and the stuff I took out went into the dyno box I am looking at it now the needle that came out the clip is in notch #2

i would say it is not revving either cuz it is getting to much fuel or not enough compression,also check your reeds and exhaust for restrictions:)
disconnect tors?
how did you advance timing?was it the vitos key?

Last edited:
Jet kits never ever seem to live up to their expectations..

As Awk says revert to the stock needle and use only genuine jets!

i would say it is not revving either cuz it is getting to much fuel or not enough compression,also check your reeds and exhaust for restrictions:)
disconnect tors?
how did you advance timing?was it the vitos key?
I will cheak compression and reeds I have to go to auto zone tomorrow for a compression gauge and yes it is a vitos key also the tors was disconnected

I will not make this mistake again .. no wonder why my cbr 900 street bike is fighting me

there is just no way anyone can tell, or sale, you the correct jetting for any bike,
there's just way too many variables.....your exact mods, your elevation, temps and humidity (which effects the air/fuel ratio), state of each engine, ect. ect.

so for these jet kit companies to offer a "one size fits all" kit is bunk.

what you're now doing is the best option, find info from others who have similar bikes/mods, get a collective idea of what jets/settings to start with, then fine tune and plug chop from there for your elevation and mods.

Reactions: carlo virtuoso
compression should be around 120psi,if it is below or near 100psi then it needs a top end rebuild or you got a leaky head gasket..but you can post that if you get a reading on it..
never mentioned but are you running a ngk br8es or b8es plug? that motosport link i posted is a good way to find parts and or see prices,and oem parts are the chit:)

compression should be around 120psi,if it is below or near 100psi then it needs a top end rebuild or you got a leaky head gasket..but you can post that if you get a reading on it..
never mentioned but are you running a ngk br8es or b8es plug? that motosport link i posted is a good way to find parts and or see prices,and oem parts are the chit:)

B8ES plug

there is just no way anyone can tell, or sale, you the correct jetting for any bike,
there's just way too many variables.....your exact mods, your elevation, temps and humidity (which effects the air/fuel ratio), state of each engine, ect. ect.

so for these jet kit companies to offer a "one size fits all" kit is bunk.

what you're now doing is the best option, find info from others who have similar bikes/mods, get a collective idea of what jets/settings to start with, then fine tune and plug chop from there for your elevation and mods.

Thank you I will start as soon as I get my K&N air filter it will be around friday . I don't have the og bolt that holds filter on can I get 1 at a homedepot ? If I have any questions about this topic I will poast it

the super stock piston has the exhaust side filed down to act like raising the exhaust port of the cylinder, i have not tried them but many have and said it was an improvment,also another way to get more power is to raise that exhaust port on the cylinder,with a dremel,or porting tools:) i did it... 1mm up and widen the exhaust port itself,there is vids on here from the legend ken o'connor racing showing how it is done :)
part 1 of a series

Last edited:
Welcome and well done on the build!

Have you leak tested for air leaks?

Did you do heat cycles and re tension the nuts before riding?

Is there an air filter fitted?

For a leak down tester can I make that? It looks like I can make it from parts am I correct or is it something special this is the first time I have ever heard of one and how do I use it ? I fill silly asking about this but the only dumb question is the one not asked

[QUOT"speedyslyder, post: 747208, member: 20365"]the super stock piston has the exhaust side filed down to act like raising the exhaust port of the cylinder, i have not tried them but many have and said it was an improvment,also another way to get more power is to raise that exhaust port on the cylinder,with a dremel,or porting tools:) i did it... 1mm up and widen the exhaust port itself,there is vids on here from the legend ken o'connor racing showing how it is done :)
part 1 of a series

[/QUOTE]
Ok I will give it a try thank you for your advice

screw it in hand tight make sure rubber o ring is on threads on comp tester..hold throttle wide open kick it till it stops rising in compression maybe 3-5 kicks...you may need to take gas tank off to get it on properly :)