03 Hood Lighting options

JoshHockey95

Oct 22, 2010
Western PA
I got an 03 hood and it doesnt look right with the wally lights so time for something different. I'm thinking about screening it in and not using any lights. What kind of setups have you guys used. Anyone try putting any kind of light besides stock in the light hole. Basically I need to know what kind of light setups work with an 03 hood besides the expensive stock one.

I got an 03 hood and it doesnt look right with the wally lights so time for something different. I'm thinking about screening it in and not using any lights. What kind of setups have you guys used. Anyone try putting any kind of light besides stock in the light hole. Basically I need to know what kind of light setups work with an 03 hood besides the expensive stock one.

That's a good question. I don't know if anybody has done any swaps(that I know of) with the newer blasters. The Wally World lights will bolt up the same, but I presume it would look a little odd with a cyclops center. Maybe you could screen it off like you said and it would deter from it looking so odd. I'm sure there are rectangular 50W single headlights around that would fit the stock light position. What is wrong with putting 03+ lights in the 03 hood? Couldn't you just do that?

That's a good question. I don't know if anybody has done any swaps(that I know of) with the newer blasters. The Wally World lights will bolt up the same, but I presume it would look a little odd with a cyclops center. Maybe you could screen it off like you said and it would deter from it looking so odd. I'm sure there are rectangular 50W single headlights around that would fit the stock light position. What is wrong with putting 03+ lights in the 03 hood? Couldn't you just do that?

It is possible but its not worth the $ to me right now. I don't use my ights often enough but I will get the stock one eventually

do what i did and tint it I:I
IMG_20110318_124751.jpg

I'd save your money and just get the stock one then. I'm sure they go dirt cheap on Ebay.

Yea,,as mentioned before i have a brand new one in the box for sale cheap here. Ebay there hard to come buy and expensive. Go to factory set up it looks way better than jack legged rigged lights. Sorry, just sold light to another member.

Last edited: