Rewinding the lighting coil

blaster214

Jan 28, 2013
Ok so I've searched and I haven't found any posts of anyone rewinding there own lighting coil

So I plan on doing mine. However I am going to try and turn this coil into a 2 phase coil.

Let's say the blaster lighting coil has 300 turns. And produces 55 watts. Well if we rewound it with 400 turns to produce 75 watts that's great but what if we rewound it for 400 turns with 2 phases now we are at 150 watts. I know alot of 3 phase stators out there produce anywhere from 30 to 40 vac. Per phase. These can typically run lights fans whatever you want really. If we can get to that with 2 phases then the sky is the limit as far as what kind of lights you want to run. The way these are set up if the two phases are wound in the same orientation then it should work. I think it will need some sort of insulator between the phases but other than that it looks like its doable.

What do yall think.

Reactions: JoeJoeSX
Ok so I've searched and I haven't found any posts of anyone rewinding there own lighting coil

So I plan on doing mine. However I am going to try and turn this coil into a 2 phase coil.

Let's say the blaster lighting coil has 300 turns. And produces 55 watts. Well if we rewound it with 400 turns to produce 75 watts that's great but what if we rewound it for 400 turns with 2 phases now we are at 150 watts. I know alot of 3 phase stators out there produce anywhere from 30 to 40 vac. Per phase. These can typically run lights fans whatever you want really. If we can get to that with 2 phases then the sky is the limit as far as what kind of lights you want to run. The way these are set up if the two phases are wound in the same orientation then it should work. I think it will need some sort of insulator between the phases but other than that it looks like its doable.

What do yall think.
I’m liking the sound of this