02 yamaha blaster back brake problem

YamahaMan923

Aug 26, 2014
So i have a 2002 blaster with stock brakes (not hydraulic). The back brake doesn't seem to work with the brake pedal but works when the handbrake is applied (the handbrake locks both brakes). I have tried adjusting the cable on the calliper, i have disassembled the brake calliper and turned the white dial but after assembling the calliper again it locked the brake completely. Any ideas?

Best idea ever....get a hydro setup. You can source your own parts and weld the foot peg for around $60-75 or you can get ahold of AWK on here and buy a set off of him.

It's been my experience that there's sometimes nothing you can do to fix them brakes. Even when they work they're not very good...

I have tried adjusting the cable on the calliper, i have disassembled the brake calliper and turned the white dial but after assembling the calliper again it locked the brake completely. Any ideas?

you turned the white disc too far, pull it out, reach into the hole with a flat blade screwdriver to turn the worm thread screw out a few turns to release the pads, then do the white disc adjustment again,
a little at a time until the pads are just dragging on the disc.
you have to replace the cover to test it after each adjustment, as it pushes in on the white disc and pads.
if you get them to work without the cover on, they will be locked up once the cover is re-installed.

when you get tired of doing this every few rides....go hydro !

Reactions: DUSH1K