YZ125

make sure the wheels dont shake side to side(bearings+spacers are a pain in the a**)

the compression should be around 180

honestly i would just check for any abnormal movement in the chassis and ride it for a good 20 minutes or so b4 you buy it

Looks like a nice bike, how much you paying for it? The first bike i ever rode was my yz 250, that was a rough first couple of days. Sooo much friken power in dirtbikes.

looks like a nice bike...But yea listen to them about the wreck thing.... yea i think a 125 is a perfect starter bike...first bike i rode was a 70cc pepboys pitbike...and that was yesterday haha.

looks like a nice bike...But yea listen to them about the wreck thing.... yea i think a 125 is a perfect starter bike...first bike i rode was a 70cc pepboys pitbike...and that was yesterday haha.
u serious? u think a 125 is the pefect starter bike? i've ridden bikes and owned a ttr90 in the past and the lil 85 was hard to get used to..

yea i had a 125 baja a year or two ago and rode the ever living sh*t out of the thing but really no balls was fun though.was riding my friends cr 250 just a lil too much for me now.plus after riding bikes the only quad im getting is a shee but the bikes a good deal $1100 with papers and maybe a helmet and boots. shee is to pricey right now but plan by next summer thanks for the info keep it coming also im 250lbs so at least i can keep 125 on the ground :-D

Now that im used to my 250 i would never go to a 125. Big diference in power. And im only like 5-10 160. 125s are fun though, but they sound like a friken chainsaw, lol

i wouldn't go smaller than a 125 for a starter dirt bike... when my brother was thinking about getting a motorcycle (road bike) he bought a 250 to learn on, and enjoyed it for about a week, then got bored of it. if you go small to learn, you'll do exactly the same thing and want something else in a week. my first motorcycle was a yzf600r. yeah it probably had too much power for the average beginner, but just don't crack the throttle and u'll be fine. me, i redlined 6th gear after the first week of riding it.