Yfz 450 shocks

Rubes

Nov 27, 2012
Urbandale,Iowa
I believe that I read some where that you can use Yfz 450 front shocks if you have plus 3 arms, is this correct? I have asr +3 +1's just wondering if it will work and pros and cons of doing so thanks

You have to not just have +3 a-arms, but have +3 LT's (long travel) a-arms.

If you have ST (standard travel) the lower pivot point is closer in towards the frame and the longer YFZ450 shocks will cause the suspension to bind at the farthest droop point.

The advantage of the YFZ shocks is that they are equivalent to "stage 4" shocks. They have threaded preload, progressive spring, compression and rebound adjustment, and are rebuildable. For stock shocks, they're AWESOME.

nice set of aftermarket shock absorbers valved and sprung for that weight will make a huge difference in ride quality. You can find inexpensive options in Works AT Steelers shocks sometimes either to fit a blaster or a banshee (.25" overall length difference so they'll work too)

I just changed to Banshee fronts and it was a surprising improvement. They are a little soft with my +3 arms but still, for the money I spent, I'm very happy with them.

I have the yfz's on my banshee with +3 +1's and they ride like a magic carpet. My blaster had 450R front shocks but it had the LT ASR +3 +1's , rode fantastic as well.