yfz 450 and ouch

Apr 21, 2008
long island, New York
machines is beast and fun to drive but i like the handling of my blaster better anyway, well hears the ouch part. going up a steep ass hill pretty fast and when i get up there and go to turn i almost fall off and run my leg over. it hurts preetty good and ill have a nice bruise tomorrow

yes i do, its a lot easier to maneuvar on the blaster and i feel safer on it the 450 just seemed like it wanted to constantly flip, if i buy one it would get an wider axle real quick, it has balls to the walls but a lil sloppy in the ride

so you like the suspension on your blaster more then the 450???
but yet they have the same shocks...you have 450 shocks..what gives???

i agree with you on the blaster better i feel like im gonna tip every corner on a yfz or raptors i like the blasters just feel more safe, i rolled a raptor to, just to tippy

i hate the handling of my blaster its nice to do tricks and stuff, but for high speed turns and stuff i think its 1 of the worse but not for long...........yfz front end will be on sooooon

Wtf?!?!?!?!?! The yfz high center of gavity????? Its a race inspired machine,it is meant to corner easily without flippin,maybe your takin them way too fast and not sittin on the side??? Somethin wrong

I know 4 real if someone flips a yfz they obviously dont know how to ride it. I would love to see someone ride a blaster as fast as a yfz around a corner stock for stock lmao

darealblaster.. have you ever ridden a raptor 700 or yfz? just a question. but i have about 3 friends that will agree a raptor has high center of gravity, yfz i have ridden once not that fast since it wasent mine but sill going through the corner sitting on the side still feels like they want to go over, maybe if we would have set the shocks it might be a different story but on stock adjustments they felt tippy.. stock for stock around a corner yfz will win but im just saying they feel like they want to tip, raptor more so than yfz though.. when i mean tip not like its gonna roll it seems to just sit on the side to much should be more level,

darealblaster.. have you ever ridden a raptor 700 or yfz? just a question. but i have about 3 friends that will agree a raptor has high center of gravity, yfz i have ridden once not that fast since it wasent mine but sill going through the corner sitting on the side still feels like they want to go over, maybe if we would have set the shocks it might be a different story but on stock adjustments they felt tippy.. stock for stock around a corner yfz will win but im just saying they feel like they want to tip, raptor more so than yfz though.. when i mean tip not like its gonna roll it seems to just sit on the side to much should be more level,
u hit it on the head, and for other comments i was way over the side while riding, its just that the bike felt weird and i wasnt crazy about it, im gonna do a few more rides on it and see if i like it better but they are tippy machines

I got to disagree man, my yfz tracs like a dream, my suspension is a little stiff, but I have never felt like it was tippy for a second like the blaster feels when Im on.

I will say it takes a while to get used sitting higher on the gas tank than what you do on a blaster. So that may be what you are experiencing.

The Raptor is a higher center of gravity... I had one before my YFZ... I love the YFZ even though the stock suspension is ok it is still much better than Blasters in corners... Everyone has their opinions..

going to the friends house to ride the yfz again. but im gonna adjust the suspension a little stiffer it just seemed to roll to the side, also might be a case of not used to that seat to like you said ridinfast03

maybe its just the yamis but my bros 450r will outhandle my blaster any day of the week no comparison

i've rode the yfz 450's before and fell in love with them. i have never had a tip issue with one. i have it all the time with my blaster. Just for that reason my next quad is going to be a yfz 450r. I don't like the handling of the raptor's either. I agree with you guys the raptor seems to high but the yfz is perfect for the trail or track. I can't wait to get mine.