yamaha blaster year to buy

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
with the 03+ they have hydrlic disc brakes like a raptor 250? or do I need to upgrade them like the older 02-. Also when you have a big bore what do I need to buy the 240 kit its self then a 35mm carb then a adaptor from the carb to the motor then a daptor to the airbox and thats it?

you can just do a simple brake upgrade and save yourself the expense of buying a whole new quad unless you already sold the other one.

Best year to get is 03+. To complete a 240 kit you need a better pipe. CT, Dynoport, F7, Vito's fat bastard. If you have the money to buy a 240 kit the best thing to do is get a wiseco forged piston, rather than that crap vitos cast piston, and to port it for like 200+ shipping more and you'll have a mean blaster.

ya Im looking to do a 240kit with a 35mm pwk carb and vforce 3 carbon reeds and the f7 pipe seat up with the wisco forged piston and ported and make it run on 95 octance cause you can get that at the pump here and then like some project blasty plastics and exdend everything and bedlocks with itp holoshots thats the setup I want to have in like the next 6 months

sounds like a good set up to have but its going to cost you. If your going to do the 240 kit spend another 100-150 and get an aluminum airbox. It makes mounting the bigger carb alot easier and it allows more air to flow into the motor

yea I 245stroker I forgot to mention that I was going to get a alumin airbox a build like this is most likely going to be around 3500$ cause I could do all the work my self so its not bad and then aventally I get all the nice crome parts like yours