Winter Mods

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
Ok so I live in an area that doesnt get much snow but this year its colder and gonna be a snow year and so far thats holding up cause its snowing today and been snowing for hours now!!!! Needless to say I am stoked fo sho!!!!
I did a couple , mods today .
1. New Headlight , its a 20w bulb in a bigger reflector housing .
2. Added a Basket . I live 3 blocks away from a Jack in the Box and 6 Blocks from a 7-11 , I will ride to get what I need !!!
3. I deleted they Key . I just looped the circuit and Buried the wiring under the hood . They Key thing isn't really a winter mod , I just been wanting to do it for awhile .
626dfd07.jpg

626dfd07.jpg

ee9683dd.jpg

And heres the Shee , Just waiting for Parts . Kinda lonley looking , but we'll change that soon .....
cb799091.jpg

have you tried to start it after looping the key? i think you actually have to leave those wires unhooked but i could be mistaken

have you tried to start it after looping the key? i think you actually have to leave those wires unhooked but i could be mistaken

well no I didn't , I just figured since its 2 wires and a switch that it was a simple on/off circuit , I'll look at the wiring diagram , but if anyones done this , let me know so I aint scratching my head .

4cfed you forgot too add double layers ahaha

naaa.. typical winter riding for me is... depending on temps

normally car hart bibs, carhart jacked, snowboarding gloves, jeans, 2 pairs of socks and brama winter boots, mx helmet, with dual lens goggles, and a snowmobile face mask,

if like 30-35 degrees, jeans, long jogns, boots coat

this winter i might try out full body long john siut with my fox insulated mx pants, and my coat and glvoes

Me too this is my first year riding. I am gonna use it As an opportunity to practice my donuts when i wont catch traction and flip (oops). Hopefully we dont get 2 feet like last year though or there will b a very small window of time b4 it gets too deep. Last year snow didnt really melt completely from december till nearly march

Love the "basket", lol, I:I looks like you guys might need it!
The weather channel was showing pics of some pretty serious snow out that way.
Go figure, it got 65 degrees here today, (near record high) & pretty cool thunder & lightning going on right now.

and the key switch delete is affirmative , just cut the wires , if you loop them , it won't start . i just disconnected them and hid them . I may do the toggle switch and hide it for a little security . Had a blast riding in the snow , It was cold as F*&^ , but had a great time. did about a million donuts , even went through the local jack in the box drive thru to get some shakes.

well no I didn't , I just figured since its 2 wires and a switch that it was a simple on/off circuit , I'll look at the wiring diagram , but if anyones done this , let me know so I aint scratching my head .

yea i did this you have to leave the green one un done i do not no what it does