why are 2stroke pipes fat??

tjsdaname

Oct 17, 2007
IA
I have always wondered, why are 2stroke pipes fat??

what would happen if you putt a 4stroke pipe on a 2stroke????
:">

dont put a 4stroke pipe on a 2 stroke. on a 2 stroke the pipe helps tune the engine. different pipes for different applications on 2 stroke engines.

on a 2 stroke the intake pushes the exhaust out of the chamber causing some of the air/fuel mix into the pipe (expansion chamber "fat part") when the expansion pipe goes towards the silencer it becomes skinnier this causes a percussion causing the intake air/fuel mix becing pushed back into the chamber before the spark plug fires, if this doesn't make sense im sorry its the way i type, sometimes i can't type what i'm thinking, lol,

Reactions: B14573r
there would have to be an expansion chamber of some type to allow the intake to be percussioned back into the chamber,or your exhaust would fill up with air/fuel mix other wise known as a ticking time bomb,

you no the new fmf powerbomb heders fer four strokes??? it has like a small expansion chamber...could you use that as a heder and a powercore 2 silencer???

i'm not grasping why on earth you'd want to use a fat 2-stroke header on a 4-stroke..

thats kinda like putting spinner hubcaps on a car. doesn't really serve a purpose and only increases the value of the vehicle in the eyes of the owner.

thats kinda like putting spinner hubcaps on a car. doesn't really serve a purpose and only increases the value of the vehicle in the eyes of the owner.

HEY, there is nothing wrong with spinner hubcaps,.... on a 1988 Dodge Shadow perhaps, they would make that granny car look bitchin!

spinner hubcaps are wrong on so many levels. beauty is in the eye of the beer holder i guess.