What's better powdercoat or painting ur frame??

Powdercoating is approximately twice as durable as the absolute best two part (2K) heavy paint you can get and you can pretty much get any color powdercoat imaginable.

There are a few downsides to powdercoat however....

#1, it's expensive to get done on something the size of a quad frame. Most finish shops either have a small oven (for baking crap like bolts) or a HUGE oven (for baking racks of parts or like an entire car chassis). They have to heat that entire oven up even if all they have is a quad frame sitting in the middle of it...

#2 powdercoat blocks up bolt holes and threads if it's not applied properly.

#3 powdercoat isn't repairable like paint is. If you need to weld your frame, the powdercoat has to be all removed and reapplied at one time again.

Go with spaypaint its easier cheaper and still looks damn good im spay painting my step sons blasty now and it looks damn good

Tht's what it do i just found a spot S.M.T. in ral.N.C about to see how much for my frame & a few other parts:D

There's also Altantic Industrial Finishing in Creedmoor. They do powercoating as well. I've thought about possibly getting my frame done there but they don't like to mess with small batches (I hear)

$50-$75 is PROBABLY without prep which still isn't a terrible deal.... a bunch of aircraft grade paint stripper, some time, and a finish sandblasting and it would be ready to roll!

Depends on the price of powdercoat. I found two local places to get mine done. The cost with me striping the frame was $300 at one and $100 at the other.

Mike @ smt said he had a yamaha blue wth flake & clear so im guessing he will do prep work to bc i will take it back if it's not rt...But im looking fwd to tlkn n person to him on tues.To really see wht they have for us.

I love powdercoat. Everything I could fit in the oven is PC'ed on both my quads.
Be sure you like the color because once it's on, it's on. Sandblasting won't touch powdercoat nor regular strippers that well.
Just something to think about before you go with that neon green, flaming pink color combo,
not to mention trying to re-sell parts that are PC'ed will limit your market a bit untill you find someone who like the same color as you.

I love powdercoat. Everything I could fit in the oven is PC'ed on both my quads.
Be sure you like the color because once it's on, it's on. Sandblasting won't touch powdercoat nor regular strippers that well.
Just something to think about before you go with that neon green, flaming pink color combo,
not to mention trying to re-sell parts that are PC'ed will limit your market a bit untill you find someone who like the same color as you.

U were on the phone when i was tlkn color???? Bc i was deff going loud neon anything or even a crazy fruity color.But ur right resale is v.i.p. as well thkx for pumping my breaks :D