what you think of this trade?

That car is a total piece of sh*t. Civic hatchbacks are so 1997. Oh wait there is a new fast and furious movie out...... gotta buy stock in 4" muffler tips and import tuner mags and cold air intakes.....

As a former Honda guy, I'd definitely stray away from that.
Sell some parts, get a paper route or part time job to get that Civic if you really want it, but don't give up the blaster for it. I've had 3 CRX's of the same era as that Civic, and I have a lot of love for those cars, but no way in hell I'd sell the wheeler to get one.

Here's for the pic whores...
My first CRX with the bling mods
88Dx21.jpg

My second with the all go, no show mods
DSC00360.jpg

The last one I had was just a daily driver with simple bolt ons
3-30-07-022.jpg

But seriously, don't get rid of the blaster for a Civic. They're fun and all, but barely worth more than 1K in pristine condition, imho.

yeah, i dont think i will, if it had a decent motor swap and looked nice i might but not in that shape, nice rexes i had a 88 rex it was really nice till i wrecked it, i had a rear tire blow going around 100mph and it wasnt pretty

You've made a wise choice. With no motor, little to no rust, and if everything else was decent on the car, I'd go 300-400 for a good rolling chassis. But without an engine, mehh... Although dropping in a turbo'd JDM B16a with Y1 LSD tranny would be pretty sweet.

Either way, If you still want the car, i'd say try to get the car for some cash without giving up the wheeler. Offer him 500 for it as is, maybe he'll bite.