what parts to use for rebuild

mik

Jan 28, 2014
Okay I have a 2004 blaster motor runs okay but needs oil seals. I am going to buy a full gasket and oil seal kit to fix it but I was wondering if It would be best to get my head shaved andporting done or get a 3 mil crank can't really decide between then I already have a fmf gold seris fatty with a power core 2 and a little porting done by a friend also am running a 66.5 mm piston also are ther any other parts I would have to use to have thes mods

I would plumb for porting and a head re chamber before stroking.

You really do not need to buy anything extra except an aftermarket air filter, a few jets and some b8es plugs for chopping.

There is no need to split the cases to install the oil seals.

Okay I thought I would have to split the cases so I think ill just get the head shaved and check on the porting. I don't really want to run race gas so if I get the head shaved to much will I have to

It would be beneficial for you to have the head re chambered, not just decked.

Re chambering will add a surprising amount of power, and low octane fuel can be used.

i agree shaving the head only is not as good as re chambering.shaving were talking very small fractions of metal. 10 or 20 thousands. i have not measured a piece of lined paper but id be willing to bet it is even bigger then that just a thought