What engine is this?

neo31ny

Mar 10, 2013
New York
I have a swapped motor on my blaster, it's kawasaki. Has a hole in the top for a filter and the carb is inside on the right hand side under a cover? I'm trying to figure out what motor they swapped on there. I was told it was 2 stroke but I'm pretty sure it's 4 stroke, I haven't had a chance to look it over yet or start it. Plus some members on here said it has a 4 stroke header. Any info would help. I'll post up pics tomorrow.

On a side note, what general things would cause a motor to start hard but it will start first kick once it's warm? He told me it just needs the carb cleaned. I haven't had a chance to start it but I kicked it over a few times before work today and it fired a few times and wanted to start so there's hope.

Well either way I guess I'm parting this bike out. The frame has been cut to cram that engine in there and it's just very awkward. The pipe sticks out too far to kick it over too many times without smashing your leg. Think I'll use it as parts to get the other two going and keep the motor for something else.

Well I managed to get the blue one running, the clutch is messed up and I'm not sure of the shift pattern. It keeps stalling when I take off cause I don't think the clutch is engaging/disengaging properly. There's alot of slack in the cable, it's messed up. It doesn't run bad though, cuts out some when you throttle it but starts alot easier if you use the choke lol. Someone cut the cable so I pulled it with a pair of pliers while I kicked it over and it idles now with the choke.

Well I managed to get the blue one running, the clutch is messed up and I'm not sure of the shift pattern. It keeps stalling when I take off cause I don't think the clutch is engaging/disengaging properly. There's alot of slack in the cable, it's messed up. It doesn't run bad though, cuts out some when you throttle it but starts alot easier if you use the choke lol. Someone cut the cable so I pulled it with a pair of pliers while I kicked it over and it idles now with the choke.

Seems like a candidate for a leak test berore you ride it, or suffer the consequences.

Seems like a candidate for a leak test berore you ride it, or suffer the consequences.

I'll take your advice thanks. I did just pick up a complete stock motor practically minus the head for $60 for the other blaster. It's everything minus the flywheel cover and head.