Video of blasters problems. someone help

igotacracker

Mar 12, 2008
pennsylvania
ok so i went away for 2 weeks and i come back and it starts first kick idles great but when you go to give it gas it runs horrible, and i have no idea why, there is a strange knocking noise coming from the engine which is mostly usual for blasters i know but i sounds pretty bad, i cleaned the carb and adjusted the floats, cleaned the air box and air filter, and it did nothing to help. i wouldn't think it would be somthing in the engine with the piston or somthing because i had it rebuilt recently, so just listen to the knocking in the engine and listen to when i give it gas, there is a sound that i cant explain.PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
look at your clutch, there will be a little lever that says "parking brake" or something, it should be engaged.. it should run after you disengage it. thats what it sounds like to me
my friend was messing around on my blaster once and messed with it and i couldnt figure it out for a few days haha

i drained the gas and put all new gas in. im pretty positive my parking brake was removed.
im positive thats what it is. try it and see. the gas wouldnt go bad after 2 weeks, i parked my truck this winter and it started up this spring haha

hmmm thats stange. maybe check your reeds and while your carbs off clean it. gas coulda gone bad sitting in it while u were away and it gunked up the carb. cleaned your air filter?

im positive thats what it is. try it and see. the gas wouldnt go bad after 2 weeks, i parked my truck this winter and it started up this spring haha

I mean, if there isnt 'fresh' gas in the tank, it can run crappy, especially for high compression engines

I mean, if there isnt 'fresh' gas in the tank, it can run crappy, especially for high compression engines
yeah definately. but if it was that bad, it wouldnt have started :p
i know its that lever on the clutch.. it happened to me n i was scared sh*tless haha

i have never had a parking brake on mine, how can it make it run like that? its a brake? what the hell... someone car to explain?

the parking brake activates a rev limiter in the CDI. quads with reverse have the same rev limiter in reverse. my raptor 660r behaves just like that when the parking brake is on. i knew what it was as soon as i watched the video as well. lol