Vforce Reeds and other modifications.

Regg1000

May 15, 2020
Hello Blaster Community,

I would like to begin modifying my engine. My first mod will be Vforce reeds. Will the Vforce reeds require an adjustment in jet settings? If so, what jet settings?

Also, I would like to add a stroker crank, what’s the best crank I could do that won’t sacrifice reliability (+3, +4)? If Ken O Connor does my stroker crank, would i have to send him my cases, or the entire engine. Here’s a list of the mods I plan on doing, please provide feedback.

1. Vforce Reeds
2. KOR lightened Flywheel
3. KOR Stroker crank
4. KOR Cylinder/Head porting

Hello Blaster Community,

I would like to begin modifying my engine. My first mod will be Vforce reeds. Will the Vforce reeds require an adjustment in jet settings? If so, what jet settings?

Also, I would like to add a stroker crank, what’s the best crank I could do that won’t sacrifice reliability (+3, +4)? If Ken O Connor does my stroker crank, would i have to send him my cases, or the entire engine. Here’s a list of the mods I plan on doing, please provide feedback.

1. Vforce Reeds
2. KOR lightened Flywheel
3. KOR Stroker crank
4. KOR Cylinder/Head porting
Reeds generally do not need jetting changes. How much $ are you planning to spend? They are all good mods. The +4 crank will require case trenching which kor does. Kor has a+6mm stroker crank they make out of yours. If you want to be the big
Kid on the block:rolleyes:. The +3mm crank. Minimal to no case clearancing. Which can be done by hand. The porting and head mod are great bang for the buck mods imo. What exhaust do you have? If stock add new exhaust to your list along with a variety of jets. Speed cost but is fun.

Reeds generally do not need jetting changes. How much $ are you planning to spend? They are all good mods. The +4 crank will require case trenching which kor does. Kor has a+6mm stroker crank they make out of yours. If you want to be the big
Kid on the block:rolleyes:. The +3mm crank. Minimal to no case clearancing. Which can be done by hand. The porting and head mod are great bang for the buck mods imo. What exhaust do you have? If stock add new exhaust to your list along with a variety of jets. Speed cost but is fun.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate your support. It’s running a DG exhaust right now. I like it, not too loud etc. I really don’t want carburetor/jetting problems sounds annoying (carburetor on/carburetor off, trial and error) unless you know proper jettings. Lastly, how do you take off a pilot jet since it’s down that super thin tube?