v-force reeds

B

blasterboy55

i just bought a used 2000 yamaha blaster its blue and is stock except for one thing. the guy says it has v-force reeds on it. also he said with the reeds you have to run premium octane 93 in it. and i was wondering if that was true and if it is. is it worth how much more power it gives out? if not im just going to buy some stock reeds and put them in.

thanks,

and sorry i dont have a picture yet:(

from what i read in my blaster manual it calls out for 93 octane anyways, not cause of the reeds....i wish i had known that before i mixed my gas xD

The reeds don't care WHAT octain or type of fuel they pass for that matter! If you replace your VForce reeds with stocker you'll wonder WHY! you EVER wasted your time and money!

I only run 93 octain in my engine, I'm sure that we were running 87 in the other blasters?, if you get some detonation (pinging) step up the octain rating.

at wrench man, my blaster, at high speeds, sometimes sounds like banging. sounds like a clunk in the engine. only at high speeds, with the throttle like wide open before a shift. and this is like 5th going 6th. should i use 93? i use 87 currently and i do have vforce3 reeds and reed cage and wiseco piston kit.

at wrench man, my blaster, at high speeds, sometimes sounds like banging. sounds like a clunk in the engine. only at high speeds, with the throttle like wide open before a shift. and this is like 5th going 6th. should i use 93? i use 87 currently and i do have vforce3 reeds and reed cage and wiseco piston kit.

Yea, I'd step up the octain rating, my Blaster did that too, you might try a next size up main jet too and/or try a B9ES plug too.