tusk clutch

blastersfaster

Mar 19, 2012
Hey fellas quick question I just bought a tusk clutch of eBay and when's I opened it the little steel ring was not in there. Has any body used this did they screw me or was I supposed to keep the old one since I don't have one now can I order a stock ring or should I find one threw tusk will they be that dif

replacement clutches don't come with the wave washer and thinner friction plate usually. sometimes they come with both the thinner friction plate and a full plate. this is meant to delete the wave washer and thin friction plate. more plate contact= better friction. hope you can't understand what i'm gettin at. kinda hard to word

Ok I think so. Yes it did come with the thinner friction but no thin steel. So I'll still put them in in the same order but I don't use a thin Steele any more?

yes, leave the thin wave ring, and cooresponding thinner friction out, and use all full size steels and frictions
theory has it, the wave washer/thin friction was used to promote easier clutch operation/take off for newbies, as this machine was aimed at.
use all the full size steels/frictions that the tusk kit does supply, i just installed one 2 weeks ago, and have one in the mail for my black blasty

yep that is what i was sayin awk. thanks for finishin it up for me. and yes all the steels are the same size blastersfaster

Ok thanks guys this is a big help I have my quad tore down and I'm about to start the build and I'm finding questions all the way being my first build. It will be a miracle. If it actually starts lol. But every one on this site has been a great help

There are six Steele and seven friction counting the small one

i must have overlooked the one small friction and just used it ???
is this the ebay kit that comes with new heavier springs ???
either way, the smaller friction should still work, ditch the wave washer