Trimming stock fenders? and a few other Q's

S

spence19802003

Hey guys..Im new to the forum. I just bought a 95 Blaster, made the switch from stunting a 900RR over to a blaster. I just wanted something I could throw around, somethin cheap to fix. This one runs GREAT, bored .30 over, reeds etc...but it looks like sh*t. lol. Well, not sh*t...but they sprayed the frame, looks bad...and has some cleaning to do. I bought some dirtbike bars today, cause they feel better than ATV bars to me. But now I have to re-locate the ignition! Have any of you done that yet? If so..could ya tell me where you put yours and how. Another thing. I see the maier plastics, the ones that kinda look the 250R, but I stunt so I really dont wanna spend that much on them. I know some peeps shave theirs, any ideas on designs? Pics of shaved fenders or any other little cheap things I can do to dress this one up a bit so it doesnt look so damned trashy? THANKS guys..look forward to posting with ya.

Spence

hey man i say shave em !!! they look pretty good when done right, i would come up with something original instead of doing them like another one but you can look on here a the pictures and get ideas or search on the net and try to get some ideas, also if you got the funds powdercoat some things to add a little color but that is totally up to you. Good luck man !!!

i have the 2004 body style, im gonna put yz 250 oem bars on it, but myne has that plastic thing on the bars now with the oil light, im gonna ditch that plastic piece and drill a hole in the lip of plastic in front of the bars and mount the oil light there, will look soo much cleaner, and maybe eventualy put yz 250 clutch/brake levers and throttle tube. im assumingyou have the model where the key is on the handle bars, just do it like the new body syle and mount it on the right front side above the fender. i wanted to shave myne, but the type of trail riding i do it would be a inconveince and unpractical with mud/water.

dsfasf

Yea thats what I did. I bought some FLY dirtbike bars and re-routed the ignition to the side..just drilled a hole and put it there. The bars are much lower but it looks sooo much better. Theyre blue PC so it matches the quad. Havent got the balls to shave em yet, but Im thinking I might tomorrow!! I just a link w some pics to get an idea of how I wanna go about it.