Tough choice..

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
Should i trade my blaster thats a 2001 for a 2001 400ex? I need something bigger and something i can race decently,not too many blasters around here most are 450's so id have no chance.

Heres the link.

2001 honda 400 ex

i would wait and get a 450 especially if you plan on racing anytime soon the 450s are the way to go. i had mine out on the track this weekend and on stock suspesion almost felt as good as my blaster

i would wait and get a 450 especially if you plan on racing anytime soon the 450s are the way to go. i had mine out on the track this weekend and on stock suspesion almost felt as good as my blaster

Ill never be able to get a 450,never i dont have that type of money,a 400ex will do damn good around here. And i like them and see people wanting 400ex's for their 450r's all the time,so maybe one day.

if i were u i would keep my blaster and keep doing the mods u are doing and have a really nice blaster and u could sell it for big $ and get a bigger/nicer quad!!

if i were u i would keep my blaster and keep doing the mods u are doing and have a really nice blaster and u could sell it for big $ and get a bigger/nicer quad!!
A blaster that had over 5 grand into it for racing around here only sold for 2300,and that was with a new 240 kit and sh*t.

I think id be better off trading,since my "sponsor" builds a lot of 400ex's up for racing.

if your going to do that then put ALL THE OEM parts back on the blaster...ppl will be more inclined to buy a stock bike with no mods, so they dont have to worry about the A/M braking and having to buy more expensive stuff...then you sell the A/M stuff on ebay or somewere for a fairly cheap prices...you could sell the bike stock for $1100...and get $300 fer all the parts...

idk jus me thinking

Man, my buddy bought a 01 400ex the other day and its nice and has lots of torque but its not all what i expected it to be, tight trails blasters right beside it, off the line its got me, but we were alot closer then i thought itd be, expecially for all the talk, but it is a air/oil cooled 4 stroke

Man, my buddy bought a 01 400ex the other day and its nice and has lots of torque but its not all what i expected it to be, tight trails blasters right beside it, off the line its got me, but we were alot closer then i thought itd be, expecially for all the talk, but it is a air/oil cooled 4 stroke

wow a ported 240 and you cant take a 400......? i plan on taking them with my 200cc build

I would trade a Blaster for a 400ex any day. Check it out see what 'TLC' it needs.

I just made a simular dicision, I found a great deal on a 400ex, but I would have to sell the Blaster. I ended up getting the 400ex and now I'm trying to sell the Blaster.

i would doit..i started building my first blaster which was my first bike and realized no matter how much u build it in my opinion a 450 is still guna pass you, or even a 400 with a 440 kit.and blasters built or not dont sell relatively high at all.....i went from my blaster to a 660 to another 660 to my 450.i have a project blaster now too.....i wud definately get the 400 and look into selling it and "hustling" your way up to a 450. thats how i did it

That 400ex looks pretty beat, I'd wait for a nicer one if you are sure you want a 4 stroke. If not keep upgrading the Blaster.

Thats because its a 2001 and its dirty. I talked to him and he said,the seat got a tear the plastics have marks and one crack,1 tire got a plug.

Pretty much the same as mine,i wont find one nicer for a trade for my blaster. Im not going to put more money into it that i wont get out of it,since i wouldnt part it out.

not sure, start it out on the higher side on craigs list. i wouldnt go as far as saying, modding the heck out of a blaster is like polishing a turd, but in some ways its true, they are still fun, and im doing port work on mine, but in the end a 450 or 660 is just.... o whats the word, funner:)

On craigslist older stock ones go for 875-1000 around here.

Mine had a new topend that hasnt been fired,with a lot of newer parts and aftermarket sh*t.

Im thinking like 1675? To start out and 1450 the lowest??

man money talks bro...if you can get that in cash and go talk to him and show him you have cash chances are that he'll do with $1500 or watever you want to start at...cuz he knows your seriouse about it, and he wont have to wait for the money to clear in the bank...plus who doesnt want to have $1,500 in cold hard cash???