tors problem?

benjo

Feb 15, 2015
wuppertal
Hello from Germany!
I write the text by google translator, so do not be surprised when things sounds funny;)
I have a blaster built in 2005. Without changes!
Yesterday at a drive round the following happened:

sry for the view ;)

The throttle cable got stuck and did not go back. at the end of the video you can hear how it is easy back and forth to move.
Is this the famous Tors problem?

I think the t. o. r. s on the carburetor is to blame above. think there is dirt came in as the images to be seen.
is it normal that the t. o. r. s so is loose and can be moved back and forth?

21009676ni.jpg

21009677fv.jpg

21009678br.jpg

21009692dg.jpg

On the way home goes from the motor. And can also fail to start.
a day later the motor going again, but runs very restless.
to control the motor and I carbs and exhaust and cylinder head removed.

21009700vd.jpg

21009701hy.jpg

21009702bh.jpg

21009703vn.jpg

21009704gi.jpg

21009705us.jpg

21009706xr.jpg

Looks to me everything good except for the carburetor.

How to proceed? t.o.r.s disable only electronically? or rather buy another carb and fully develop?
would be really grateful for some tips
too much slush for the blaster but was it not?

did the top of carb where it screws on come loose?
i have had the top cap come loose before allowing it to pin itself/even with the locking tab on there??
i did not read everything you wrote lol:)

how easy did the top cover come off#2 /or did it appear loose?

02 carb with text 1 1 1.jpg

Reactions: benjo
Yes that was alot of mud. Next time hose it off some more before pulling anything apart. You don't want that mud getting in any farther.

Reactions: benjo
right! after coming in the caburetor it goes insinde motor and then i would damage it!
the #2 top cover was tight as it goes, but #1 the caburetor switch is not tight on it.
i can move it 0,4 inch left / right & up / down!

Today i watched and there is no Gasket under the #2 Top cover!
So i will install a new one and then i will check if the #1 switch is tight on it, that i can´t move it like now!

If i disable the tors system, is the motor able to do the rpm like in the vid?
how many rpm are ok for this motor?
in my vehicle registration it´s listed by 21.46 hp@7000 rpm
that sounded not like 7000rpm ;)

thx people

Yes that was alot of mud. Next time hose it off some more before pulling anything apart. You don't want that mud getting in any farther.

This ^^^
At least it looked cleaner in the pic of the head off. Almost looks as if the gasket on top of slide isn't sealing well.
Check that air filter is clean, and is sealing to air box, and box to carb tube is good.
Reason I ask is because it looks like a lot of wear to the carb slide, and exhaust side of piston looks scuffed/scratched, especially by rings.

right! after coming in the caburetor it goes insinde motor and then i would damage it!
the #2 top cover was tight as it goes, but #1 the caburetor switch is not tight on it.
i can move it 0,4 inch left / right & up / down!

Today i watched and there is no Gasket under the #2 Top cover!
So i will install a new one and then i will check if the #1 switch is tight on it, that i can´t move it like now!

If i disable the tors system, is the motor able to do the rpm like in the vid?
how many rpm are ok for this motor?
in my vehicle registration it´s listed by 21.46 hp@7000 rpm
that sounded not like 7000rpm ;)

thx people

it is throttle over ride system=T.O.R.S.
it is for safety of young riders....it will not affect anything or change anything if disconnected/it will just not kill the spark if the throttle gets stuck wide open.

sometimes #1 can move,and that is why people get rid of it.It is easier for it to vibrate loose with heavy tors brick on top/then let dirt in,then destroy the engine:)