tors kit

jonvia

Dec 20, 2011
i need a tors removal kit... looking for one on here but i cant post in the wanted section? thanks

ebay is your best bet for the kit. It's like $30 and includes the cable.

Good luck!

You list that your tire are flipped, what does that mean?

It means I reversed my rims so I could attain a wider overall stance. If you look at your rims, you'll see that they're offset so that there's space for the brakes to be tucked nicely inside this rim offset. If you flip the rims, you'll gain an additional ~ 1.5" of width per side because this offset.

The downside to this mod is your brakes are now exposed to being hit by something on the trail and you may notice a little bit of bump steer. It also puts a little extra pressure on the ball joints. To me, these are all minor issues compared to having a 3" wider front end.

Good luck!

If you are thinking of flipping the fronts, with hydro's, beware unless you have wheel spacers or short valve stems, the stems will foul the brakes and destroy the stems.

^^^^ true that.....but it's easily remedied by either getting some low profile stems OR reversing the stems that are currently there (to plug the hole in the rim) and then drill a new hole on the other side of the rims followed by inserting new stems.

I did this second option of drilling new holes in a set of rims on my trx250ex. Worked like a charm :)

When you look for your TORS removal kit make sure it has the drill and tap. Unless you have these items. If you have them be sure the kit comes with the new idle adjustment screw. Just an FYI, as there are several levels of kits availible on ebay.