Toriodial rechambered head.

Blaaster

Staff member
Technician
Jul 18, 2011
eastern australia
Fitted the head earlier today, did tghe required heat cycles and re tensioning.

Reset the timing to stock from +4 deg, fitted a brand new b8es spark plug.

We run a DMC Alien pipe and nothing more than a polished exhaust port and a foam filter directly on the carb throat.

I have not ridden it yet, but my lad has.

The first thing that was noticed was a crisper exhaust note, I also noticed that the header too had a more pronounced ring to it ( definatly not detonation, I know perfectly well what sounds like).

After warm up, the lad took off and it seemed to be running a little rich on the needle, but cleared up when he really got on the gas.

The idle had to be readjusted as it idled about 500 revs lower than the stock head.

Owing to the soft ground the lad could not get to WOT as he could not get traction.

He informed me that the power was coming on about the same rev even though it was now at stock timing.

The power had increased a great deal and held well right up to way past where the powerband faded with the stock head.

We will have to wait a while until the ground dries out to be able to get a WOT run.

Even at 1/2 throttle holeshot on soft turf, the front was just about impossible to keep down and the lads rear end was propelled toward the back of the seat.

Normally he would have to physically move his butt back, but the added acceleration of the new head pulled him back with no effort on his behalf.

The overall impression of my lad was a nod of the head, a big wide smile and a " Thanks Dad I love it".

That says to me, if you want something to put a smile on your face in the way of a power increase, a rechambered head is just the thing to put one there.

We will have to wait a while for the ground to dry out before any WOT runs can be tried.

I will try to get a few little vids up if my net connection will let me.

Torodial cut into the head favours low/mids, hemispherical cut into head favours mid/highs.

Two methods of rechambering.

What exactly does that mean? How's it different then a rechambered head?

It changes the way the air/fuel explodes in the cylinder increasing the down force on the piston. That's the simple version. Here's a pic of the difference. Stock head on the left.

91bf138f.jpg

glad to hear Pops finally "got some head" I:I

i'd turn that timing back to +3/4 and adjust that rich needle

Fitted the head earlier today, did tghe required heat cycles and re tensioning.

Reset the timing to stock from +4 deg, fitted a brand new b8es spark plug.

We run a DMC Alien pipe and nothing more than a polished exhaust port and a foam filter directly on the carb throat.

I have not ridden it yet, but my lad has.

The first thing that was noticed was a crisper exhaust note, I also noticed that the header too had a more pronounced ring to it ( definatly not detonation, I know perfectly well what sounds like).

After warm up, the lad took off and it seemed to be running a little rich on the needle, but cleared up when he really got on the gas.

The idle had to be readjusted as it idled about 500 revs lower than the stock head.

Owing to the soft ground the lad could not get to WOT as he could not get traction.

He informed me that the power was coming on about the same rev even though it was now at stock timing.

The power had increased a great deal and held well right up to way past where the powerband faded with the stock head.

We will have to wait a while until the ground dries out to be able to get a WOT run.

Even at 1/2 throttle holeshot on soft turf, the front was just about impossible to keep down and the lads rear end was propelled toward the back of the seat.

Normally he would have to physically move his butt back, but the added acceleration of the new head pulled him back with no effort on his behalf.

The overall impression of my lad was a nod of the head, a big wide smile and a " Thanks Dad I love it".

That says to me, if you want something to put a smile on your face in the way of a power increase, a rechambered head is just the thing to put one there.

We will have to wait a while for the ground to dry out before any WOT runs can be tried.

I will try to get a few little vids up if my net connection will let me.

i wish i had the knoledge to be able to diagnose things like that

Reactions: BlastieSa