Too Lean?

fmxr47

Mar 4, 2008
www.myspace.com
i have my carb mixture screw all the way in on my blaster after just doing a port and polish, i figured it would need more fuel but the exhaust is still smoking a little bit and it smells rich enough and the plug looks good, anyone elase have their mixture all the way lean?, oh and i removed the tors but the only way i can get it to idle is to adjust the cable up at the thumb throttle, the screw on the tors does nothing.

I just removed my Tors tonight and i found out the same thing....with the idel...my biks is running rich as well...and i was wanting to know how to set it?

as far as the idle, there is a rubber boot up n the thumb throttle, pull it back and adjust the cable holder by loosening it putting more tension on the cable, do it in small increments till you get the idle you desire, im stumped on the mixture?

main jets boy main jets and what are u mixin your oil to gas ratio i dont understand the problem check your needle vavle i run mine on third clip with a 290 main air/fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out. with the mods i got ..the tors screw does the same thing as the screw on ur throttle i mean u dissconnect the tors so..but that screw does samething i dont even know why its there really mine still works though lol.....i run 40;1 or sometimes 48;1[little lean]

i run 32:1 and my bike is tuned pretty good in terms of mixture, but i find it odd that its set at the leanest setting, the screw is all the way in, and it still seems to be a good mixture, the plug is a nice light brown caramel color, i just figured after the port and polish that the mixture would need to be adjusted?

i dont think it would polishing makes the air flow easier throught the ports so i wouldnt see why u would need more fuel if your plug is good i wouldnt worry about it unless ur screw is messed up in there or some sh*t

is the screw supposed to be removable?, cause its stuck in there and he head of it is stripped, but i can still adjust it fine, im not worried about the screw cause im gonna get a new carb w/ the 240 kit any way

i wouldn't worry.... your plug color tells the story...

keep it as it is until you get that new carb...

you could built two identical engines and they will act different... yours is just unique maybe... but i wouldn't sweat it.