Tire removal

sure you can!
you'll need some tools though.
the tricky part is breaking the bead. atv tires have much stiffer beads than any other tire, even motorcycle because they need to stay put on only a handful of lbs.
i've heard of guys runnin em over w/ a car to break the bead, and all kindsa different homemade bead breaking tools. personally, i think a table vice is the easiest way. just put the tire in there (you'll need like a 6"+ vice) and crank it closed as far as you can get it, then yank the wheel back and forth till you get the bead to pop into the center well on both sides. helps if you squirt some windex or wd40 around the bead (but be sparing, cuz this will also make it slip outta the vice). once both beads are inside the wheel, pull it off the vice, lube the bead and use tire irons (3 is easier than 2) or large stiff screwdrivers to wedge the first bead out of the wheel. i like irons better cuz they hold onto the bead for you, screwdrivers slip a lot.
then stand the wheel up on end and stick the iron/driver under then next bead and put your knee on it to make it come outta the wheel.
remember lube helps a LOT. and the best rimsavers i've come across are tropicana bottles, got the idea from this guy (and this is a good quick how-to on it too):
or if you plan on throwing the tire away, just put it in the vice and use a dremel to cut the beads out.

Last edited by a moderator: