Tire Pressure Questions

BigRedWood

Nov 6, 2007
Almost have the beast back together! I am ordering a Complete set of Kenda Klawz for stock rims. New Rubber always looks and SMELL great! I have decided to go with the 20's on 8in rims. I like the extra meat for added traction and softer feel in rutted trails. On my bikes I have recently ran bibs or balls. In the past, I always kept my tire pressure around 16-18psi.

So My question is . . . how low can I go with my tire pressure on a multi-ply atv tire? What do most of you Klaw riders prefer?

ok,heres how i do it, i air them up, then i let some air out, when i'm abble to press knee into them without going below the surface of the side wall thats when i know they are flat enough. but do not inflate too much it can bend the rims if u jump it.

With my quads I always run about 5 psi in my front tires, and between 3 and 6 in the back tires depending on conditions and where i'm riding. You don't want to go much lower than 3, especially in the front. The lower you go, the squishier it is in the corners, and the easier it is to ding up your wheels and cut the tire.

Last edited:
I usually run 4.5 lbs. all the way around. I still have the stock bubbles on the back and if the pressure is to low they start making "whapping" noises every time a push a hard turn.