thinking about buying a carb

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Ok guys let me start off by asking what you think about the mikuni tmx flat slide carb,this is the carb I'm wanting but I need to know a few things first,ok 1 I just bought a throttle cable for after market carbs says it will work for any after market carb from 28mm to 40mm and it say it works great for pwk's but will it work for a tmx carb,k 2 let's say I buy one that came off a hmmmm let's say a cr125 and I bolt it up to my blaster will it break it or should I just change the jets rite off the bat,k 3 will any blaster after market big bore intake work that will of course match the mm of the carb,now I will be buying this carb off of eBay so it will be used,if you guys got any ideas pleases let me know because I'm about to buy one.

what kind of engine modifications do you have already? if you dont have at least a 240 kit or porting then it is too big, if i were you id go with like a keihin pwk 28mm, or pretty much any 28mm, if your looking for a used carb on ebay im pretty sure all 85cc bikes have 28mm carbs, but let us know what mods you have done

@little3mill yeah that's what I was thinking of,oh and my bike has a 240 stock crank paultuner exhaust oil injection blocked off and reed valves pending by the way what's the best reed valves tell me and I'll buy them,now I want a clamp on filter and I already bought a throttle cable off of eBay and the guy selling them says they work with all after market carbs and there for the blasters stock push throttle,and let's say I get a keihin pwk 34 or 35 what type of intake do you recommend,again thanks for your help guys.

Also what's the difference between the pwk and pj are they both good carbs,and if I got a throttle cable for a pwk will it work for the pj and or the mikuni tmx? again thanks.

ok guys I've got an update fellas,I've decided to go with the keihin pwk 35 air striker carb,now I would like to get it from jetsrus but I need to know some things,first when you order from them do the carbs come ready to just put on and run,second why so cheap ya know it's like $174 shipped is this rite,I mean there not fake or anything like that rite,and lastly how is that carb,again thanks for your time guys you've been of great help.

You'll be very pleased with a PWK 35 A/S. The PJ and PWK are very similar except for one glaring difference. The idle speed setting on the PWK is a screw which adjusts the height of the slide (good design). The idle speed setting on the PJ is done by adjusting the bleed air and fuel through the choke knob (not as good a design). The slide on the PJ should be completely closed if it's adjusted properly and all of the idle fuel AND air is supplied by bleeding a controlled amount of air through the choke circuit. Most people find them difficult to get the idle set right and confusing while they're working on them. The PJ can be made to run like a raped ape but the PWK is easier to get set right.

The PWK 35 A/S comes "prejetted" with standard Keihin 6mm "hex jets" for the main and emulsion tube type pilot. Standard jets for nearly all of the PWK series carburetors and fairly easy to find at most dealerships which deal with dirtbikes (pwk's were used on a lot of factory dirtbikes).

The jetting may be close for your application but you will HAVE to check it once the carb is installed. I have a feeling the factory jets will be slightly too rich for your quad but every quad and carburetor are different...

$174 shipped is a good price. Jetrus usually has good prices on stuff. I was thinking the PWK 35 A/S was more like $200 shipped but the price is on their website clear as day.

@sicivicdude thank you very much i will go with the pwk air striker 35,so do you think the carbs off of there web site come complete at that price and by that I mean like will it come with the flote jets needle and all that stuff,again thanks guys you've been of great help.

Alright guys I bought the carb from jetsrus so I'll let you know how it is,but I have another question will a stock fuel petcock work for my carb and if not what's a cheap fix,I mean I was looking at my rm85 and it'll definitly bolt up and work should i go with that.

@specialized7 k I'll run that then,thanks for the info bud you are of great help,by the way those shocks on the front look dam good man what are they,the whole bike looks great that blue and black looks hot.

Some people (myself included even if only by accident) run a banshee petcock on the stock gastank. The hose size is the same as the inlet hose in the PWK35's. The stoc petcock can supply plently of fuel, that's not a worry but the stock outlet is 6mm (or 1/4") while the PWK35's inlet is 8mm (or 5/16"). Some folks don't feel comfortable shoving the little line onto the new carb but it can be done and will work just fine.

I believe that the PWK35 A/S off of jetrus.com for $174 is a complete carburetor, ready to go.

Now that you have the carb and cable, the only thing you will need is a manifold to handle the larger carburetor. The PWK35 makes the stock mikuni 26 look like a weedeater carburetor....

@sicivicdude will do buddy,also your rite about the pwk carb making the mikuni look small this things a beast man I didn't think it would look this dang big lol,also you guys are rite it came complete and ready to go on,I went ahead and got the upp intake uni pod filter outerwears pre filter and throttle cable,but yeah it's definitely a beast can't wait to test it.