The road kill game

So last night I was driving home and noticed that there were an awful lot of skunks hit on the road so when I went out to lunch with the wife today we decided to count road kill. In a distance of approx. 30 miles this was the list

18 White tail deer
8 Skunks
5 Cats
4 Opossums
3 Coons
2 Squirrels
2 Groundhogs
10 Things I can only describe as road stains

Wow the things I do when I'm bored:">

Well on second thought there could probably be some serious legal implications involved with sending the corpse of a skunk in the mail=))
angry51.gif
=))

My father and I were traveling up towards Sandusky a while back on this back country road and we were noticing these white and red spots smashed into the road every 1/2 mile or so. Now being from West Virginia, it isn't hard to find things dead along the side of the road but for the most part the animals could be identified. These spots were something that we hadn't ever noticed back home and I couldn't imagine that Ohio had some sort of different animals that we had.

Further up the road we came up on an Amish farmer, driving a wagon with stuff in the back, must have been going to the auction or somewhere to sell his stuff. Soon after discovering this farmer we also discovered the mystery of the red and white spots smashed into the asphalt. They were chickens.

Yep, chickens, and the lid to the cage that he had them must have come open and every once in a while one would find its way to freedom. Their freedom was short lived though. Seems as though the chicken might have been good at living in the barnyard but lacked the skills to dodge cars.