Sugeestions and questions and answers for nebies

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
this is a thread for noobs. sick of your blaster being in the back of the pack? well here are some suggestions. first aftermarket exhaust. i only have run toomey and dmc exhaust and i love the toomey. dmc should be here soon. it really wakes up your blaster. be sure to remove the air box lid and rejet. btw re jetting is changing the fuel and air mixture with different mods. for more info on jetting look in your owner manual or ask me.if you still arnt happy with an exhaust get a aftermarket air filter. i run uni airfilters and love them but also there is one other major company called K&n to. if you still want more power get a 14 tooth front sprocket. it adds more top speed. there is alot of mods to wake up a 2 stroke. but i would diffentlity remove the oil injection. mine has always worked since i got it new in 2003 but you never know. if it stops workin you dont know it and boom!! i would remove it and premix (mixing fuel and oil together). i run 32:1 on my stock engine. here is a list of some of the more serouis mods.
big bore kit
stroked motors
engine swaps.
there is a huge responbility that comes with owning a 2 stroke or any vehicle.
its just like maniting your car. clean it, and take good care of it.
always clean out your airfilter becaues if you dont you could have serouis engine problems. wash it dont leave it muddy becasue you might spread weeds where they are not wanted. take good care of it. dont go reving it up all the time or go riding wide open all day. oh yeah one more thing when you leave it sit for a few days and decide to ride to instantly rev it up it will blow up after a while of you doing that. if you see somthing wrong ask someone about it if you dont know whats wrong. always replace your oil when its low or after letting it sit for winter. thats some of my suggestions if you have questions please respond in this thread i would love to help you.
i forgot also a supension upgrades are a good thing to do to. like stock yfz450r shocks or stock banshee shocks are a good upgrade or even or rezzy shocks

Last edited:
it's a better idea to upgrade your suspension first... you can add all the power you want but you need to be able to control it. someone with a stock motor and upgraded suspension could easily outrun someone with all the motor work and stock suckish suspension. that's what i'd do but everybody thinks differently.

no prob man I:I i think people should TRY to do suspension first but if you found an awesome deal on a pipe and stuff then go for it. my pipe came before suspension because i got my full fmf pipe for 80 dollars and i got my a-arms for 100 dollars. just takes a little ebay browsing ;)

no prob man I:I i think people should TRY to do suspension first but if you found an awesome deal on a pipe and stuff then go for it. my pipe came before suspension because i got my full fmf pipe for 80 dollars and i got my a-arms for 100 dollars. just takes a little ebay browsing ;)

yeah i know it i got a dmc pipe and silencer for 70 dollars off this forum i might be getting some rezzy shocks to