Stuck spindle on lower A arm

Koray

Apr 25, 2020
I was taking apart my blaster today to get a bunch of stuff powdercoated, but the left side spindle is stuck on the lower control arm. Any one have the same issue? I've tried hitting it with a hammer, using heat, and penetrating oil, hasnt moved a bit. Anyone know how to get it off?

I was taking apart my blaster today to get a bunch of stuff powdercoated, but the left side spindle is stuck on the lower control arm. Any one have the same issue? I've tried hitting it with a hammer, using heat, and penetrating oil, hasnt moved a bit. Anyone know how to get it off?
Yeah take the nut off:p. Just kidding . Sounds like you have the right approach. Maybe a couple hits with a brass punch to area on spindle where ball joint goes thru.?

Yeah take the nut off:p. Just kidding . Sounds like you have the right approach. Maybe a couple hits with a brass punch to area on spindle where ball joint goes thru.?
Thanks, I ended up holding it by the spindle and hitting directly on the top of the threads on the ball joint. The threads were already messed up so I didn’t care about destroying them, as long as I got the spindle off in one piece.

Thanks, I ended up holding it by the spindle and hitting directly on the top of the threads on the ball joint. The threads were already messed up so I didn’t care about destroying them, as long as I got the spindle off in one piece.
If all else fails breakout the BFH