stock pipe cut out..

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
per request by a few meembers on here i cut my stock pipe open today.. we all know the stock pipe sucks.. and this will show you exactly why ANY pipe is adrastic upgrade over the stock one...

this shows the screen inside. between this screen and the outter case is a very stiff. uh.. almost reminds me of a scotch brite pad but tighter nit
031609_201900.jpg

this picture is the back end of the expansion/ head pipe this will show you why the pipe slows flow EVEN more than the screeing and matting
031609_201800.jpg

and this is the cone that was rattling around in my pipe.. it goes over the tube and plate in the expansion chamber.. it dont sit down tight so some exhaust can flow to the lower 3 holes.. but the main exhaust flow is supposto go threw the tube
031509_174400.jpg

so in my opinoin i fporsell the stock pipe as not only hurting power but can snuff out more flow if that cone comes off like mine did.. so even if you dont want more power atlest ditch the stock pipe for afmf or dg and if you wanna keep it quite just run the stock silencer

hope y'all like this post

i know... now you know why even a DG is a damn good upgrade over stock!.. i hope everyone enjoys my work.. lol almost didnt get it cut open... went to take the olds for adrive today and the starter was toast.. got anew one.. after taken it for adrive i wentt o start my truck and starter just clicked.. some banging with a bfw ( big FKN wrench) later and it started

WOW..thanks for doing this man..makes me glad to think i got rid of mine

not aproblem guys!! glad i could help out and answer the stock pipe restriction... seems if someone wanted to save abuck and was good with a welder, you could cut the pipe open and gut everything out and weld it back together.. BUT unsure of how much power will gain.. will add to the relife of knowing there is nothing in your pipe to come lose

ya i have a cobra pipe i want to put on just pipe not expansion chamber.You guys know if i will have to get jets or maybe just move my needle up one not sure i would like some info that would help thanks.

wow, good job 4cfed! never realized all that crap was in there. i did have an inkling that it had some sort of packing in it since it was so silent. and that cone diffuser thing... wow.

right on no jeting but when i go to put a performance expansion chamber is that when you need to jet.plus should i put a nice pair of boyeson reeds to.

WOW!! Just wow!! That does explain a lot though. It is pretty quiet with the stock pipe on there.....

Do you think it's possible to remove that cone thing at the end and weld it back up?? If you did that, would it totally mess with the power band or would it be acceptable to ride?? Just thinking of a low buck upgrade for the wifes on a budget. I've got a sawzall, and a welder......

ya i bet it would increase performance, and you would ahve a nice "sleeper" pipe. i have mig welded pipes and it isnt easy. you would have to skip around alot to keep from burning through. not to mention U would be missing like a 1/4 of pipe that the sawzall ate. thats a 1/8 on each side from cutting....

ya i bet it would increase performance, and you would ahve a nice "sleeper" pipe. i have mig welded pipes and it isnt easy. you would have to skip around alot to keep from burning through. not to mention U would be missing like a 1/4 of pipe that the sawzall ate. thats a 1/8 on each side from cutting....

Well, I guess I wouldn't weld it back up myself...that's what my brother, the welder, is for!! I'm sure he could tig it up real nice.