Stock carb replacement

jmesser80

Sep 11, 2013
Claremont New Hampshire
I'm sure this has been covered before but I've searched and searched but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Anyway......
I am debating on weather to just get the TORS removal kit or to buy a new carb to put on my blaster.
Blaster is pretty much stock except k&n air filter and pre-filter/outerware and has boyesen dual stage reeds. Nothing fancey.

I don't want to go up in carb size want to stay stock size but wanted to price them out to see how much more it would be to just buy a carb rather than the removal kit. That way I can just trod off the old and out on the new and disconnect the TORS wires.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

Another carb will be at least $150 or so . If you want to just remove the TORS then VITOS Racing sells a kit for $ 45.00. You will have to drill and thread youre carb to install the idle screw .

Just curious on a good replacement and not really sure how one would go about figuring out the correct size to replace the stock carb. I'm pretty new to the atv world had a 3 wheeler like 10 years ago that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a steal for a real Mikuni with an idle screw.Just need to swap jets, Can you just get the cable instead of the whole fit ?

Hi, I have an 03 with a 280 big bore, ported and polished, I just got the pj 34mm carb and I'm having trouble finding a way to hook it up to my air box, I have a stock air box that is drilled with filters in each hole, I also have a k&n filter, any suggestions??

Hi, I have an 03 with a 280 big bore, ported and polished, I just got the pj 34mm carb and I'm having trouble finding a way to hook it up to my air box, I have a stock air box that is drilled with filters in each hole, I also have a k&n filter, any suggestions??
Try starting your own thread, dont take over someone elses.

and its not possible to have a 280 big bore, those dont even exist

Last edited:
$92 is a damn good price for a brand new, genuine mikuni, vm 26mm carb !
(airscrew at rear = 2 sroke carb)
non tors standard cap and spring tension idle screw:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Real-MI...Parts_Accessories&hash=item485bba72b7&vxp=mtr

i see used blaster carbs going for more than that :eek:

motion pro tors delete kit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TORS-Thrott...Parts_Accessories&hash=item338ba93138&vxp=mtr
Well almost ok, the slide cut , the needle taper, idle and main jets are different than Blaster... all too small.

Ok so just so I don't go out and buy something I can't use the carb that Awk posted will not work as a replacement for my stock carb correct?

Seems like a good buy but don't want to get it if it won't work for what I need. But it was most definatley a good find. Thank you Awk

Another question I have about the TORS removal kit I have heard the idle adjusting screws that come with it come loose.

Are the tension idles screws available?

I may get the TORS removal but ditch the idle screw it comes with and get a tension type idle screw ( if it is possible that is)

Thanks again everyone

Another question I have about the TORS removal kit I have heard the idle adjusting screws that come with it come loose.

Are the tension idles screws available?

I may get the TORS removal but ditch the idle screw it comes with and get a tension type idle screw ( if it is possible that is)

Thanks again everyone

it is possible, i use some suzuki spring tension idle screw on my black blasters stock carb.
found in a box of idle screws at my local dealership

but here's a mikuni idle screw that looks very similar to mine, for $10, it's worth a try............
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIKUNI-IDLE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565d24c307&vxp=mtr

Damn , Herp that was his 1st post ! :D Bam !

Herp is resident pitbull btw..:mad:
Pitbull4.jpg

check to confirm your bore, Then start another post with your mods and such and we can help with recommending a good carb. If its a stock jug just re bored than the 34mm is to big of a carb.