rolled my ltr450 yesterday :(

Feb 28, 2010
Kailua-Kona, HI
was nailing 3rd pretty good and decided I wanted more speed so revved it out and jumped to 4th. then when cracking 4th pretty hard (was riding a gravel road with turns and hills and ruts from people getting stuck in trucks or quads I suppose) and was going way too fast for the next turn. tried to downshift and turn but all 4 tires were just sliding, I seen myself heading for a bank that had a big drop so I opted to turn down the spot I wouldn't go flying thru the air with the bike possibly rolling. but the bottom of the hill had all rocks bigger than bowling balls and I hit those still sliding sideways and the bike got to ride me for a change... I was wearing a helmet, boots, gloves and pants/jersey. I really wish I had a kidney belt on and neck brace or roll. maybe even a chest gard or some kinda upper padding. couldn't move for a little while and just laid there the bike rolled more without me so I wasn't under the bike. I couldn't breathe either at 1st and was thinking this is gonna be bad lol. my buddy caught up and came running over asking if I was ok so my left arm was the only part not so sore so I lifted it and gave him a thumbs up. I was sure my right arm was broke and my neck was pretty sore. I felt the bike roll over my head and the helmet squeeze a little between the rocks and bike. but I didn't get any damage to my head. after a little while I tried to get up and altho painful I could still move and felt too sore to sit where I was on the rocks. so I walked to/crawled and hobbled to the top of the hill on the side of the road and laid back down as I was way too dizzy to stay upright.

my buddy pulled my bike out the steering stem was bent but I think that's all. still rode. wife rode it back to the trailer we actually had the gurls in my truck following us so I got to ride back in my truck. told them I was getting worse as I was pretty much dizzy the entire time at this point. so we rode like 30min or whatever back to the trailer, loaded up and rode to the highway and towards the nearest hospitol, called an ambulance and met them on the road while traveling their way. oddly enough no broken bones or anything, just really nice bruises. eh, be back later, kinda light headed still... vicoden sucks, I'm not used to taking any kinda drugs bleh...

Wow man, good on you for wearing a helmet. Take note all you slackers that don't wear them.

Of the 3 times my LTR has tossed me off, I've only rolled once and fortunately it was only a damaged steering stem as well. Amazon.com has great prices on Houser stems, and grab a +1 while you're at it. The +1 makes a noticeable difference and you won't have to extend any lines, and don't forget the Houser bar clamp to match. This was about the cheapest option for replacement without going with an old used one. Pay mind when you order the replacement. The 06 and 07 stem bottoms are different from the newer ones, so an 08+ won't fit yours.

Heal up broseph. Do take the possibility of a mild concussion seriously. After the crash you'll seem fine, but during the next week your head just won't "feel right". It's not like a headache and it's not like sinus pressure, your head just doesn't "feel right". :D Get checked out again if that kinda stuff shows up.

Just got from doing some riding and we are trying to make another creek crossing where we have been riding, and I hit it a couple times and the front end kept wanting to come up so I would end up killing it letting out the throttle, well I finally gave it hell hit the top bike kicked over the top of the hill threw me off and did a back flip back into the bottom of the creek on all fours right where I started. So I got lucky that it didn't come back on me, but I seen it come back and gtfo'd as fast as I could, Worse that happen was that the bars rolled down in the clamps. I got them pulled back up, and found another way out of the creek that was a little less hairylol.

Glad to hear you are ok. Get well quick and get back to riding, Just don't ride so hard for a good while.

Amazon.com has great prices on Houser stems, and grab a +1 while you're at it. The +1 makes a noticeable difference and you won't have to extend any lines

I have flexx bars, that aren't the low bend, so I pretty much need longer throttle cable already lol. but if I get a +1 stem it'd be the equivalent of the riser/adapter I have now I suppose... it's just a 1 1/8" bar adapter but I think it sits like 3/4-7/8" over stock so I'll be pretty close to where I'm at now. I'd actually look into a +0 1st. gonna go check amazon, good idea :D

I also have a CCP :p lol. I need nerfs tho been putting it off as I want black ones with heel gards so I'm trying to find which ones I like and get a deal on them. but a kidney belt and neck brace and chest protector as well as knee and elbow pads may be in order as well LMFAO. I was told look at the pro's, sometimes they eat sh*t incredibly bad. but they have top of the line gear so usually they stand up and are ok for the most part. I'm SO glad I have good boots and was wearing a helmet lol after that I may do power mods but realistically I'd rather soup up the raptor for power stuff lol. just makes more sense to me... IF I eventually blow a motor I'll look at doing a street bike motor swap :D

well as a wse man once said " Your never gonna be a good rider if you never crash" and i actually agree lol.... ...did u not break any pastics???well at least ur still in one piece lol

Damn, good to hear you came threw ok. You learn from your mistakes its good to know it is what it is and not trully serious. $ can replace bikes , but $ cannot replace lifes. Take er easy man.