Repairing the stock cylinder

BaBarossa

Aug 12, 2007
Germany, near Ulm
Can someone explain me the way to repair my stock cylinder. The piston rings crashed in the outlet. So I have to drill from 66mm to 68mm- or can I do it with EDM wire cut? I'm a toolmaker and could do it myselfB-). If I want to use a 68mm piston, what measure must the cylinder be honed, how many mm must be between piston and cylinder?
I'm also interested in porting the cylinder! Has someone pics from a ported one?

Can someone explain me the way to repair my stock cylinder. The piston rings crashed in the outlet. So I have to drill from 66mm to 68mm- or can I do it with EDM wire cut? I'm a toolmaker and could do it myselfB-). If I want to use a 68mm piston, what measure must the cylinder be honed, how many mm must be between piston and cylinder?
I'm also interested in porting the cylinder! Has someone pics from a ported one?

Im all about doing things myself but this kinda stuff is better left to the 2-stroke pros if you ask me. Clearance will depend on what piston you are using. Whatever you do make sure that before you put it back together you have the ports champhered and the exhaust bridge relieved or you are just going to have more problems. Be careful porting your own stuff, just because it looks good doesn't mean it will work better. I've seen a lot of destroyed cylinders.

If your really good with tools as you say you are, go to www.macdizzy.com sign up for his forums and he has port maps that he will give to his forum members (memership costs though) and a tone of 2 stroke info that will help you do what your looking to do on your own.

Is here nobody who has already done this on his own?:(
My stock cylinder is 66,00 mm and the piston has 65,7 mm. Is a Wiseco 68 only 67.7 mm ???
Is it enough to trail the cylinder and hone it or must there be a plating?