Removed tors, adjusted floats and cleaned carb

Shawn brunk

Feb 22, 2016
I was riding my blaster after adjusting my idle.. after about 5 minutes of riding it dies.. pulled carb apart cleaned it checked floats put it back together and would idle bit would not rev up (acted like it wanted to stall) removed tors system today and seemed to solve most of the problem. Now unfortunately I cannot get it to idle correctly.. it will rev up but boggs down at first then it's fine. I was wondering if I needed to adjust my throttle cable after removing tors or not.. anything will help thank you!

Welcome to the forum...Adjust the throttle cable so the slide is open 1/8in. from fully seated . Use the round side of a 1/8 drill bit . Also make sure you have some free play slack at the thumb throttle . As for the tors throttle screw to work you might have to file or grind down the carb body so the idle screw actually hits the slide so you can adjust your idle . Set your air screw on the carb. at 1.5 turns out from lightly seated . It should start and idle great as long as you don't have other issues .