reeds and carb

T

twsjeep

Hello Ive heard of people using a cr250 reed cage. Is this specifically for the 240 kit? What year cr250 reed cage do u use? What carbs are you guys using? what size carb for stock setup and the 240 kit?
Thanks

Yes this is specifically for the CT 240 sonic kit, and no other 240 kit on the market.

The reason is that the jug and head are new castings and the jug comes with a intake ports that are shaped like the cr 250. There fore it uses the cr250reed cage.

for my CT 240 kit I have a 35mm carb

Thanks for that info 110. I had read about peeps running that reed cage and was wondering why? Now I know. What is a good carb for stock setup?

a good carb for stock set up is stock carb. But if you want to start upgrading, the bigger the better. Thats what I always say.

keep in mind that without other mods. a larger carb will only give you maybe only 1/2 of what you could gain from it.

Nice that is what I wanted to hear 110. Im gonna have a ton of questions for you. I see you have done a lot to your quad.

Yes this is specifically for the CT 240 sonic kit, and no other 240 kit on the market.

The reason is that the jug and head are new castings and the jug comes with a intake ports that are shaped like the cr 250. There fore it uses the cr250reed cage.

for my CT 240 kit I have a 35mm carb
just got my 2005 blaster re-built and bored .20 over "wiseco parts" and it seems to run fine. my problem is that it now seems to have alot more piston/head noise than before, kinda like a card in someones bicycle spokes.
when i rev the bike the sound dissappears and returns as the motor winds back down. it's not really loud but louder than i used to notice. should i be concerned....someone please help....thanks