Rebuilt engine, tors removed, will idle but bogs at half to wot

Beast37185

Jun 26, 2017
I have a 2000 Blaster that i bought off a guy had no clue how to care for it. I did a rebuild on this blaster new pistons cylinder all new seals and gaskets. new carburetor, removed the oil pump and capped it. Tors are removed but i didnt splice any wires together just removed the box and throttle part.(do i need to splice a wire some where?). so my issue is it will idle like a champ. but when i try to rev or take off it bogs and dies.
I have not changed the reeds yet (my next thing to do). thats my next thing to do. also heard my be a parking break issue any truth to this? is there any other suggestions out there to look for. Just a side note. This is for my wife i do know a little about quads i own a Banshee. but have never come across theses types of issues.

No splicing of wires is required..

Is the float level set to 20-21.5 mm.

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS it is the big screw under seat on top of
unit. With no TORS is is the brass screw midway down carb body.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pi;]lot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small

Im not having issues with the idle, the air screw sits at about 1.75 turns and idles very well.
my issues is when i put it in gear to take off it bogs. will have new reeds in today.

As mentioned, no wires need to be spliced, on your model, all you have to do is unplug the "Brain", located under the hood, front left.

You can clean up the wireing after un-plug.
TORS will not cause a bog as such. Your problem is most likely carb adjustment/settings. This why Blaaster listed all that info.

Last edited:
Take the top off the air box if it's better it's too rich if it's worse it's too lean! Simple there's the carb thing in a nutshell. Adjust

So I put new reeds in and it will start idle but it started revinf up on its own. I'm guessing an air leak. Can the exhaust area leak And cause this?

Your probably leaking vacumn by the intake gasket, did you replace it? Order a leak down tester from Awk or make one. No guess work then! ✌️Peace

A leaky exhaust can cause a lean mixture, but not usually enough to cause it to rev out of control.

Reed block, carb boot and crank oil seals are usually the culprit.

Overtightening of the carb boot can warp it and cause a bad air leak...