Raptor vs 400 EX

deestroyer11

Aug 13, 2009
Allegan Mi.
Just wanting to get some opions and advice:
I have a 2004 Raptor that i have listed on craigslist for sale or trade. There is nothing wrong with it it is just too fast for my 2 acre lot. I have 3 Blasters and i have more fun on them. I want to trade the Raptor for a Honda 400 EX. Ive heard good things about them and i rode one. Im just wondering if this would be a smart trade.
Thanks,
Tony

Sheesh a raptor 660 with big bore!!!! Damn!!! haha.. Went riding this weekend with a stock Raptor 660 and a stock 400ex, the 400 got killed racing down the highway, and the raptor had two people on it... Keep the raptor bro their bad machines!!!

Don't do the trade dude I have heard that the 400 EX can get beat by a blaster. Why would you want to get rid of your raptor so what if you only have two acres make a track.

I would agree with everyone else in here.... it is up to you though... if you want to get rid of it why not sell it and use the money to make a bad ass blaster.... or trade it for a 4x4 utility ATV and have some fun in the mud, There isn't any way i would trade even for a 400ex.

1. Keep the raptor, youll be downgrading. 2. Either sell the raptor, or part it out, get the money and put a 240 kit on the blaster, pipe, reeds, p&p and some other goodies, and then youll have some money left over to spend on whatever else you want.

trade for like a race yfz450

why would he trade the raptor for a race yfz450? he said he wants a slower bike (although my buddy has a 700r and its fun no matter how little space you have.). if he doesnt like the raptor, then he wont like the yfz. raptors are more trail worthy in my oninion, and i dont think this guys trying to mx race. if you wanna get rid of the raptor, just sell it, and wrench on the blasters, get some trick parts for those, at least get your moneys worth, a 400ex, as much as i love them, arent worth a raptor...(unless it was a 250 or 350 raptor, then i would say do it!)

nothing till it lines up beside the porsche and you think damn that could be me but i chose the probe:D

:D LOL. That was a good one...
After hearing all the advice i just might keep it. I bought it with the bore kit on it and know nothing about it and i was told i could have costly problems in the future. I just started riding and that was the first quad i bought. I didnt notice but the sub frame was bent but i replaced it. So i think it may have fallen off a truck or crashed pretty hard. It rides straight and it has ungodly amounts of torque.

raptors are a bit intimidating at first but usually they grow on you. if that isnt the case with you maybe you could just dumb it down a bit with some taller tires in the rear and different sprockets?

all my buddies got raptors but i just never really liked em they feel awkward to me. felt like i was riding on stilts or something. not to mention i think the motor was a bit much for me at that time. i'd rather have a yamaha or honda 450r.

my first time on a raptor scarred the sh*t out of me. being i ride a blaster and when i clutch and shift im usually wide open and dumping the clutch i wasnt even half thottle on the raptor when i hit 4th gear on the raptor on a gravel road and it stood straight up on me with the rear wheels spinning like crazy. i sat er down putted back to my cousins house and didnt want nothing to do with it for a while lol

i dont mind the front end coming up
i dont mind the rear wheels spinning like crazy
i do mind when the f*cker does both at the same time when im not expecting it.lol