Raptor 660 or Predator 500

2kuik4u

Nov 23, 2008
I can not choose between 2 different quads. A 2004 Raptor 660 for 2100$ or a 2003 Predator 500 for 2300$. Which would you buy and why?

neither, cause there 4 pokes, lol!! j/k. I'd probably go with the raptor because for me, I have a yamaha dealer thats close by and also cause the raptors faster

Raptor would be my choice. Cause, you can do more mods to it if you want. The Predator is heavy and dosen't have as many choices for mods without a big $$$$ JMO

Ditto^^^^^^^ Predator's aren't even in the same class as a Raptor 660. Thats a good year for Raptor also you don't have to worry about the manifold or tranny problems. Raptors have a great center balance, great power, awesome top end and way more upgrades for tons cheaper than a Polaris, For that price go get it!!!

easy now on the polaris bashing.. my wifes trail boss is a 1990 and still on the stock motor!!!!! never been owpend up!! 250cc 2 stroke full auto.. most reialbe damn quad ever!! and it gets rode hard!!! i still cant get good wheelies with it though... and beyond what people say the 660r is a big fat heavy big.. ask must85 the power is nice even though a honda 450r is faster... but the 660r pulls good threw the rpms.. but when youy get stuck you better be super man or have afriend to help you get it out cuz they are f'in heavy... i have a friend with a preditor and it straight throws the fk down!! passed al lthe 4x4 quads in the mud pit and put astraight line hurtin on a 400ex, and a lt250r and walked away from a modded king quad? sportsman? 800cc.. its piped jetted and rev box and its pretty much stupid fast!!!! thats just from what i have seen...

easy now on the polaris bashing.. my wifes trail boss is a 1990 and still on the stock motor!!!!! never been owpend up!! 250cc 2 stroke full auto.. most reialbe damn quad ever!! and it gets rode hard!!! i still cant get good wheelies with it though... and beyond what people say the 660r is a big fat heavy big.. ask must85 the power is nice even though a honda 450r is faster... but the 660r pulls good threw the rpms.. but when youy get stuck you better be super man or have afriend to help you get it out cuz they are f'in heavy... i have a friend with a preditor and it straight throws the fk down!! passed al lthe 4x4 quads in the mud pit and put astraight line hurtin on a 400ex, and a lt250r and walked away from a modded king quad? sportsman? 800cc.. its piped jetted and rev box and its pretty much stupid fast!!!! thats just from what i have seen...

its still a polaris and its probably babied and not driven hard. the other 3 trail bosses i know are hunks of sh*t and have never been reliable at all/ to say reliable and polaris in the same related paragaph is a joke.

lol.. my buddys perd is riden like a 2 dollar crack whore!! and my wifes trail boss is riden like afree crack whore!! its been rolled, flipped jumped, mudding, sunk in the river .. wel it went in and came back up.. turns out it floats :) donuts, drag races.. wheelies used it tp pull a 1961 caddy fleet wood, dont many o many burnouts with it. hit atree or three

I would say neither.... save a little more money and get a Raptor 700... I've found plenty around the $3000 mark and some a little cheaper. Got to remember.. ppl are loosing there jobs and cant afford to pay those loans anymore. A lot of ppl are selling there quads just for the pay off amount. I'm looking at an 07 Raptor 700 right now for $2800, all the guy wants is what he owns and this thing has never seen Dirt. That's what I would do.

the raptor is a far better quad but i had a m8 who raced 1 and he had to change it to a 700r cause i was getting hard to get the correct parts

it depends on how you ride it, maintain it. if it was raced no wonder why he had to change parts frequently. when quads, are raced there getting abused. plus the 700r is setup better for racing