Raptor 250 ???

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
So im selling my blaster since i need something 4 stroke to race with. I sat on one of these the other day and it feels good,but seems really small? And the suspension was reallllllly soft,could that be because the dealer just got it in? Are there a decent ammount of upgrades for these? Reliability? Any problems? Beat a 300ex maybe?

Let me know i can get one with this parts list for 1900.

I have a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250 SE--orange and blk--for sale!! VERY NICE!!

It has nerfbars, bars, hand guards, fmf powerbomb header with fmf powercore 4 pipe, front and rear wheel spacers, front bumper, 19in tires on front with 25% tread and 18in maxxis tires on rear with 95% tread.

I got front tires for it,so any help appreciated,especially you darealblaster.

I ride with a guy that has one, he rides woods only. He put a jet kit, a full exhaust, and a rev box on it and he said it really opened it up. I have never rode it, it still can't keep up with my blaster but it's really light and handles good. He put a steering stabilizer on it too and he said it really made a difference too.

Well i think it will be good for me,cause im doing harescrambles,and i think it will work just fine.

And the one im getting is piped,jettted and sh*t.

Throw me a filter in,rev box,and i think it will be fairly nice,also gear it.

who ever says they are slow is retarded... they just aren't the fastest thing out there...
the only thing I don't like about them is there size

if you like them I say go for it!

who ever says they are slow is retarded... they just aren't the fastest thing out there...
the only thing I don't like about them is there size

if you like them I say go for it!

Yeah they dont seem too slow.

And it seems like there smaller than a blaster???

I need to think it over and sh*t,cause this guy wants to give me that 2001 400ex for my blaster...

Not sure 2001 400ex or 2008 raptor 250..

i wudnt buy a 250 4 stroke......unless i was to flip it and make some $ it just aint me. rather be on a blaster or 400+ 4 stroke all day

i wudnt buy a 250 4 stroke......unless i was to flip it and make some $ it just aint me. rather be on a blaster or 400+ 4 stroke all day

I know but 400ex's are one of the "slower" 400's and sh*t. And id rather have a yamaha but i definatly cant get 3000+ for a yfz450.

yeah great point...400exs are preety slow...a buddy of mien had a 05 with minor mods it moved ok....grab a cheap 660 to start..work your way up? top heavy tho i rolled both of mine quite a few times =) i noticed u wanted to race...how bout an old trx250r?

yeah great point...400exs are preety slow...a buddy of mien had a 05 with minor mods it moved ok....grab a cheap 660 to start..work your way up? top heavy tho i rolled both of mine quite a few times =) i noticed u wanted to race...how bout an old trx250r?

I dont want a 660,too damn heavy,there nice though.

I dont want a 2 stroke to race as you need to rebuild them more than 4 strokes,and i do trail riding too and i really dont dig the 2 stroke for trails.

I might get the 250... If not maybe a raptor 350..

All depends on money,f*cking economy.

if you are going to be raceing i think you would be happier with the raptor 250 over the 350, from what i've read the 350's are to heavy with to little power. i love my 660 but i don't think i would ever enter it into race without a lot of suspension work, to the point it would probably be cheaper to buy a used 700 or yfz 450.

just thinkin the same thing lol.. i wouldn't buy 1 i road 1 the other day it was ok. its ok to cruse around with on the trails with, if i was you i would just trade for that 400ex..

if you are going to be raceing i think you would be happier with the raptor 250 over the 350, from what i've read the 350's are to heavy with to little power. i love my 660 but i don't think i would ever enter it into race without a lot of suspension work, to the point it would probably be cheaper to buy a used 700 or yfz 450.

Yeah the 350's are pretty much a warrior with sporty plastics.

And if you look at this raptor,they can be mean machines.

4th overall against 450 mod quads...

Last edited by a moderator:
and with only like 7k in mods!!!

lol

I get discounts :p Anyways im selling the blaster if this guy wont trade,after i clean her up,break it in and fix all problems its to craigslist.

Than selling other sh*t and hopefully getting a 2006 z400 with a yoshi full pipe and maxxis tires and rest is stock.

Hello,sorry i took so long to jump in, my opinion is,i wouldnt get a 400ex if your gonna race,id choose the 250 BUT if it were between the z400 and 250,definently go with the z400 if the price is right and not much different from the 250. Look this is my honest opinion,not gonna tell some lies because i have one. The 250 is a f*cking great quad, it seems small becuz of the low center of gravity it has, it is ALOT more comfortable then the blaster,lets be honest here, the blaster is faster in a drag race..umm but by how much?? 2,3 mph??? thats not much to brag about. If your gonna race xc the 250 is great!! i see alot of people using them to race xc too. I put a full exhuast system on mine,jetted, and filter and woke the thing real awesome,next coming is a rev box and gearing, also i have maxxis razrs all around,they work great. Also the raptor in the vid doesnt have 7k in it, max it could have is 2.3k becuz of all the suspension,if you hear what the guy says, it barely has any engine mods! If your a good rider you will keep up with the 450's. I took some footage of me ridin the 250 in my trails,hopefully ill have it up by tomorrow night. If your ride a 250,your gonna feel so comfortable,its so easy to move on it, go to google and search for its reviews,barely anything negative is said about it.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

I dont see how a raptor 250 cant kill a blaster. My modded 1987 honda250x kills My modded blaster. You would think after 22 years they could improve 250cc's of 4 stroke power and make it fast and reliable. Unless they are just weinering them down for beginners.

The raptor 250 has a very fast reving engine for a 4 stroke, afterall its "race inspired". All you have to do is read the reviews and see how 6 foot people had fun in it and surprised how well it moved them,obviously not the same power as a 450, but for tis engine they were surprised how it moved them. You just have to do your research and try to get your opinions from unbiased people,here 90% will say the 250 sucks,why?? cuz its a 2 stroke blaster forum,they wont like the 4 storke that replaced there legendary 2 stroke. So try to get your decision made on the different reviews,different opinions from people who arent biased.

You just have to do your research and try to get your opinions from unbiased people,here 90% will say the 250 sucks,why?? cuz its a 2 stroke blaster forum,they wont like the 4 storke that replaced there legendary 2 stroke. So try to get your decision made on the different reviews,different opinions from people who arent biased.

Exactly thats like going on here and asking "what should i get a 300ex or a blaster?" most of the people on here are going to say the blaster. Its just like with four strokes, people calling them four pokes, four jokes.

the raptors mods...
1,300 front shocks
1,000 rear shock oh no... looks like your already wrong...
700 a arms
600 rims and tires
350 bars and stem
350 axle
450 pipe
189 high comp piston
130 cam
179 rev box
489 for porting
so that = 5,737
and thats not counting graphics bumper seat and other sh*t...