Ranger Update

Darrell

Feb 23, 2008
heres a few pics of my ranger now that i made my bumper and put the tires on it! Im in the process of making a 3" lift for it now and i have new hubs and dana locker (for rear end) on order! So whatcha you guys think? looking good so far? And yes, those are all MY welds! i also have a Tig welder if anyone is in need of having a swingarm or somthing fabricated!

dang man thats looking real good. i have a ranger too, its an old beater haha..
mines in a little worse shape though. nice welds btw

nice. you need a bigger winch though!! if i had a winch mount for the front of my truck, i could pull myself up the face of a cliff if i found something study enough to hook to... and i drive an 04 F-150 FX4 Supercab

dude that looks good. you did a good job on that. I cant wait to see it when you lift it lol

nice work do you weld as a hobbie or work

yeah i mostly just do stuff like this for myself, I weld maybe 3 times a year for work! but i do alot of weld jobs for my buddies and people around town for a lil extra $$! I actually started welding when i was 12 yrs old, so i can lay some pretty tight welds! but i dont get over confident either! but i also just started messing around with TIG welding lately but its coming along good so far too! ill post some of my TIG weld pics one of these days! And so every one knows! That bumper all came from a peice of 2x5 tubing, i cut all the angles with a chop saw and then welded the ends on then cut and welded the end caps on them, then did all my grinding and primering!

dude that looks good. you did a good job on that. I cant wait to see it when you lift it lol

I'm gonna cut my blocks down tomorrow, im gonna cut em down to 2" instead of 3", my factory cab mounts are rusted out so im gonna weld plates on them then weld 4" extensions of all thread onto the factory bolts and mount the cab, then the rear im gonna do the same except im just gonna weld the nuts right to the bottom of the frame, then add the all thread right to the bolts again, and just bolt the bed back on! Cheap and easy body lift! sound easy enough to you guys? or is there any easier ways?