random thought on china quad...

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
so my buddy traded his 91 polaris indy trail for a china made quad... here is the funny part.. its the same one i was gonna trade my 91 indy 500 for.. its a 2005 akuma sport quad.. looks just like a raptor!! factory nerfs and stailess front bumper, double sidded shift level so you can shift with heel or toe 4 speed with revers blah blah blah!!

MAN am i glad i didnt trade my sled for it.. this thing is the snowest damn thing on the lake!!! 200cc and i swear my kids power wheels accellerats faster!!! this thing is STUPID slow! manufacture clames 45 mph top speed what? down hill with a 45 mph tail wind??? my wifes 90 trail boss with almost bald tires and wore down studs walked away from it at half throttle!!!
iv seen some vids of some snappy china quads.. like the GIO beast ( kinda in love with the snow white gio beats but anyways)... i think this thing is slow enough my 2 year old can ride it!!! the night he picked it up he wanted to race me with my blaster i luaghed at him and asked how much of ahead start he wants!!

sorry for my useless rant but hell 200cc and slow as shiaatt!! my 85 honda atc 200x would have hands down blown the doors off this thing!
so were gonna motor swap it.. prob a 200x motor or 200s hell something with more power than that thing has!

Hey dont diss on the the chinese quads too much.. My nephews old sunL 90cc mini quad had good pick up and toped out at like 32mph. AND it could haul me around! :) Then we traded it for a CRF 50! Even better!!!

got my son one. its a 125 but has the rear foot brake so its easy for him to use (just turned 5). it has no pickup and go problems except on hills with me on it (im 240lbs). a friend of mine got the adult 250 quad from the same place and in the 3 months hes had it hes broken the chain twice and now has broken the swingarm on it. piece of junk for $1500. should have got a Blaster ha ha. would have got a japanese 50cc for my kid but he cant reach the hand brake yet (top 90% in his class for height and weight people think hes 7). once he can though im sure ill still keep the 125 and let him run it do death to get the $1000 out of it that it cost. dont understand how the japanese cant figure out how to make adjustable front brakes for mini quads. never seen a 5 or 6 year old japanese kid as big as mine lol

how are brakes over rated for a 5 year old? lol and my Blaster had no rear brakes and BARELY any front left on them. that got a lil scary lol. didnt think they were overrated then ha ha

no this thing is reduculois slow!! i seen a china made 110 with a adult on it thats faster!!.. was looking up the china quads today and the only two i found that would be worth a crap is the 250cc and up shineray's and the bashan(sp?) one.. shineray makes street legel ones that will keep up with highway speeds! look wicked to..