quick question

xmous3yx

Dec 19, 2008
somerset county, nj
for my clarity. even when my bike is runnin lean my plug is still wet and oily. could it be from the oil i use or something else? i use Stihl high performance chain saw oil.

It could, on a 2stroke you have 2 types of lean, you have the Gas/Oil mix lean and the A/F lean. So if you are certain you are running lean on the A/F ratio then yes its your oil mix.

At least use outboard oil!

are you pre-mixing or does it still have the injection?

im pre mixing and if i run both my jet and my oil lean my plug is still black wet and oily.

and hey atleast it says high performance. lol. i havent rebuilt my blaster yet..... knock on wood.

i found the site lol my oil sounds pretty good.

STIHL 2-cycle oils are premium quality, designed to deliver the highest levels of engine protection in today’s high performance, air-cooled 2-cycle engines. They are also ideal for new low-emission 2-cycle engines. These engine oils contain a fuel stabilizer and a mixing agent (solvent) to aid in mixing with motor fuel (gasoline). STIHL oils are fully compatible with oxygenated fuels.

don't believe me heres proof

STIHL recommends a mix of 50:1 high-quality (89 octane minimum) regular unleaded gasoline to STIHL engine oil. This same mix ratio should be used during break-in.

maybe thats y my plug is black? i mix gas at 32:1 if not richer sometimes. better lubrication never hurt nobody.

im gonna buy one of those 16 gallon buckets of the oil next time lol! HONESTLY who could use a 55 gal. drum worth of 2 stroke oil? thats 2750gallons of gasoline to mix @ 50:1!
1760 @ 32:1
thats 773.3 blaster dry tank refills.
it would last u 4 years and 10 months ASSUMING that u rode a gallon of gas off EVER DAY!!!!

dude thats like a LIFETIME SUPPLY!!!!!

you have done WAY !! to much math on that one bud.
And i burn at least 2.5 galons a day so that mean it would only last me what ? 2years'ish