question for everyone

T

taekwondo dauber69

i have a 2001 kawasaki kx 500 dirt bike .a guy wants to trade me e 2006 blaster se for it now im 5,7 220 lbs will this handle me very good? he also said he has not road it sense it got rebuilt 3 months ago. but he said that it bogs down and he dont know why.can you advise me as what you would do? i dont want to get something thats to small for me because my 500 is very fast its like new but i want a 4 wheeler thanks for your help

the blaster has more mods to be done and they are worth more then a kx 500 so you ciant loose plus a blaster wont be as fast but it isien't slow probly with a pipe and normal mods 75-80

thanks for info

the blaster has more mods to be done and they are worth more then a kx 500 so you ciant loose plus a blaster wont be as fast but it isien't slow probly with a pipe and normal mods 75-80

thanks i just didnt want to be dissapointed.also do you know what additive to use to paint the plastic?

well i was hopeing to do some airbrush work.but without the right additive the automotive paint wont stick

No blaster will be hitting 75-80 with normal mods. Personally i would keep the bike, or get a bigger quad if i was 220 pounds. If you do get the blaster you will definetly need after market shocks or 400ex shocks.

^^agreed with flyers...

i have a kx250, i love the kx series... but...Blasters are fun as hell, even tho u dont quite get the speed you will with a KX500... In my opinion.. Keep the kx500, and go look for a cheap blaster, perhapse even a junker, and fix it up (thats always fun too) and it prob. be cheaper..

yes it will i drove past one of those cop speed sighns at one time plus they do 60 stock i know that for a facti mean like full pipe reeds jetted carb or bigger one and port it

well i probablly shouldnt have but i did trade for the blaster today.it runs good i mean not even close to my 500 but what the hell im just going to give it to my grandson soon anyway.but he has never rode something with a clutch.he keeps killing it and the it wont start tell i take the plug out,kick it a few times put the plug back in,then it fires the first time.the engine was just rebuilt buy the dealer 2 months ago but i think the carb has problems

and what kind of fast cheap up grades can i do.remembering that i dont have much cash lol

vforce 3 reeds or Boyseen Power reeds
K&N or Uni airfilter (i personally prefer k&n)
bigger carb (since u possibly may have carb probs if u go to get new, go bigger :p)
thas about all cheap stuff..and most of that isn't TOO cheap..

Hold the hell up!

I just got a nut cramp from reading this thread. A kx500 for a blaster? Seriously . . .(insert Lewis Black finger pointing gestures) a kx500 for a blaster? Hell . . . I got a Blaster! My doesn't even bog down! Seriously . . . 50+ hp for maybe 20hp!

Momentary pause for frustration breathing patterns . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I need a beer . . . . . . need a smoke . . . . . . . .

Ok . . . . Ok

Welcome to the Blasterforum!
I just can't believe your trade, but the blaster maybe a better fit for you. About your inquiries about cheap mods, this forum is chock full of penny-pinching hp, suspension, and fun factor gains. About the paint thing . . . if you are just blowing art directly onto the plastic, Parma Faskolor is a great latex paint that fuses with lexan and plastic. Make sure you just put on a clear coat. But I like to lay down a quality base if I paint on my plastics.

Randelator is correct, Krylon Fusion is great paint for a base coat. I have also found that Rust-Oleum Plastic is a quality product ( Rust-Oleum also makes a Reflective clear coat for 'SUPER' vibrant plastics). But like anything else it takes a really good prep to make it work best. Once you get a quality base down, you can use any decent acrylic to blow down you art. I must remind you that a 'quality prep' is very, very important.

I have found that Clear coat will insure your art lasts. I actually take my plastics to a neighbor who paints cars. He uses the same clear that he sprays car bumpers with. I clear all my race plastics to protect my vinyls. But I also know a little unknown secret . . . . LustreKote High Gloss!! I:I It is only about $7. It is in a spray can, bonds to almost any surface, and is fuel-proof (not fool-proof). It is found at any local hobby shop or at towerhobbies.com. My only disapointment with it is that it doesn't last as long. The auto clear has never failed me before I replaced my plastics from breakage. But the LustreKote begins to fail after about a season. I ride about 8-10 hours a week. I replace the rings in my Cr125 about every 50-60 hours and piston about every 150 hours. Every piston rebuild I find myself recoating my plastics with LustreKote as I am getting my cylinder honed. It takes about 3 days for a good cure but I like it for my 'fun' bikes. Plus I wax my plastics with Nufinish to make it harder for mud to stick to them.

Hope this was helpful. Enjoy the Blaster, it may be the greatest entry level quad. Nothing is cheaper to work on and easier to maintain. Just ask the guys on this forum. There is certainly a wealth of information and an awesome community of great riders. Now I must go cry about a KX500! :(
I own a '92 CR500R I:I and my never part with it. But then again I am just the idiot to show kids what pure hp really is! I:I

Oh you have a fast Blaster . . . oh you want to drag race . . . . Oh you have beaten a bike . . . maybe even won a holeshot . . .

Being beat by an old guy on an old bike . . . embarrassing :(
Old guy owning you with the tire up in fifth as he passes you . . . humiliating! =))

yeah my kx 500 was awsome next to my harley drag bike it was buy far the fastest ive road.but im getting old and brittle lol.plus i plan on giveing this blaster to my grandson.i bought him one of those cheap quads from china a [jet moto] what a peice of crap we traded a kx 80 for it and fegreat it.the problem with the carb fixed itself after rideing for a day.so were happy with it for now.my grandson is only 9 and he rides the hell out of it .altho he did go threw a wood fence on it today but they were both ok.and the plastic i want to buy new first cause it has some scratches in it and i dont want to do any artwork on scraches .what does new plastic cost?

also do you know anything about the twist throtle any good? and where can i buy one if they are

i have a Pro Grip Twist throttle, i just ripped it off of my KX250 when it was new, and went to the stealership and told them it was missing it lmao..the BEST PART..They believed me.. i think you can get one on ebay for a pretty good price, ill look later and post a link if i find one I LOVE TWIST THROTTLE LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :p lol

i think twist throttle would be so much better im used to bikes .not a push button thanks

Atv Plastics get real pricey. I can completely redo a bike for a buck five. But brand-new atv's are at 300-400 depending on what style you want. Maier Plastic basically owns the market and has several different sets. It is a little much for something that will be flipped and bashed often. My suggestion is to try and freshing up your old plastics. If they aren't broken just give them a good sanding with hi-grit. Lay a base coat and clear. Then buff to shine. They will be beaten up soon enough.

I have always liked Pro Motion throttle. For a your basic throttle tube they work well. But if you are going crazy . . . my Pro Taper Frictionless is beyond amazing. But the extra cash is a little much for a 'fun' toy.

You have a Harley drag? Nothing like a V-twin. My daily commuter is a XB12STT. I never really fell in love with cruisers but I have say Buell makes a nice bike. Kind of the bastard child, but still American Muscle.