problem HELP

DussinC

Feb 23, 2009
mebane nc
if i swich from a uni 2 peace filter to a no toil one piece, should i have to retune my a/f mixture? would it cause my quad to start and run fine on chocke then soon as its off it will rev all the way up? any idias

no that sounds like an airleak, theres is a possiblility that you are jetted to lean.
what are all the mods you have done?

its stock, i have the oil injection blocked off, but this started before that was done, i just got back in and i can get it to run and rev rite if its on choke.

what are you premixing it at? should be 32 to 1, 4 oz to a gal. ect.
mine spits some oil as long as its not smoking like a mofo you should be alright..
pull your plug and do a search on jetting..

i put a filter right on my carb and i had to go from a 230 main up to a 260 as of now plugs like a dark brown long as its not white/lean black/richthatd be the best thing check your plug color like he said go from there. thats a good quote 305 like chris rock said if each bullet cost $5000 thered be no more innocent bystanders lol

what are you premixing it at? should be 32 to 1, 4 oz to a gal. ect.
mine spits some oil as long as its not smoking like a mofo you should be alright..
pull your plug and do a search on jetting..

its premixed 32:1, ill need do get a new plug check.

i put a filter right on my carb and i had to go from a 230 main up to a 260 as of now plugs like a dark brown long as its not white/lean black/richthatd be the best thing check your plug color like he said go from there. thats a good quote 305 like chris rock said if each bullet cost $5000 thered be no more innocent bystanders lol

i just went from a thick filter to a thin, do you think it would make that much of a differense?

ok i was looking around my blaster and realized their is a whole behind the sprocket going into the stator cover, is this suposed to be their?

nvm i just realized that its suposed to be their, but theirs suposed to be a plug in it. could this be the source of my air leak?

No, It will just get water and debris in your flywheel and stator. There is a crank seal preventing air to enter the cylinder. Your running too lean. There is either an air leak or your jetted way too lean. Get the bike to idle with your choke, then spray some carb cleaner around your head gasket and base gasket. Check all around the carb as well. See if your idle changes while spraying.

No, It will just get water and debris in your flywheel and stator. There is a crank seal preventing air to enter the cylinder. Your running too lean. There is either an air leak or your jetted way too lean. Get the bike to idle with your choke, then spray some carb cleaner around your head gasket and base gasket. Check all around the carb as well. See if your idle changes while spraying.

i have tried this, why would it run fine on choke with an air leak? would the new filter throw the jetting off?