Polishing Aluminum, Cr125

Noxtol

Aug 15, 2018
Hey all, I got myself a 99 cr125, the bike is clean for its age and runs excellent, couldn't say no with a price of $1600.

A couple of weeks ago, I went through the rear linkage bearings, got some new lock-on grips, throttle assembly, throttle cable, and I'm doing the fork seals this weekend.

My question is do any of you have experience polishing aluminum frames or parts, and maybe even some advice to make the engine a little more beautiful. The guy I bought it from polished the main part on one side to take pictures but nothing else lol.

i'll add some pictures of the bike later so y'all can see.

Other than that, I think the only thing wrong with the bike is the power valve needing to be cleaned; it's a little choppy sometimes when it engages. The engine passed compression, leak down, and plug chops.
Y'all should have seen the dudes face when I show up to look at it and pull out tools he has never heard of before to do a compression test and leak down test.

Reactions: Slydog
Depends how shinny you want it.mothers aluminum polish and a power ball on tour cordless drill can shine aluminum really good.