Please Help!

Sep 2, 2014
I'm honestly considering selling my blaster. I have had nothing but trouble. It was bought new in 2000 and ran fine for 12 years. It sat outside for 2 years. New wiseco top end, New boyeson reeds, and it bogs in idle. Doesn't pull at all. It will idle fine. It has stock jetting. Im just so tired of trying to fix it. It does NOT Hit the powerband. I don't know what to do.... Please someone help.

You mentioned in post 104 in the other thread on this subject, that you were thinking about sending it to a shop.

This may be a great idea as just about all of the avenues to fix the bike have been extinguished.

If the fresh build has no air leaks, has good compression, spark at the correct time, and the carb has been cleaned and set up correctly, everything should be fine.

There has been so many posts of advice I cannot remember if anyone told you to look for a rodents nest in the exhaust pipe.

You say it runs better with the air box lid off!

May need to check the snorkel for obstructions, as one guy found a sock stuffed in the air intake of his bike.

Failing that all the above still make it un rideable I recommend that you take it to someone who knows just what they are doing!

Last edited:
You mentioned in post 104 in the other thread on this subject, that you were thinking about sending it to a shop.

This may be a great idea as just about all of the avenues to fix the bike have been extinguished.

If the fresh build has no air leaks, has good compression, spark at the correct time, and the carb has been cleaned and set up correctly, everything should be fine.

There has been so many posts of advice I cannot remember if anyone told you to look for a rodents nest in the exhaust pipe.

You say it runs better with the air box lid off!

May need to check the snorkel for obstructions, as one guy found a sock stuffed in the air intake of his bike.

Failing that all the above still make it un rideable I recommend that you take it to someone who knows just what they are doing!
i checked and i have 150$ to spare for now. a local place called mark iv charges 74$ per hour and i called and explained that it wasnt hitting the powerband and he said should be about a half hour fix. they carry all the parts i may need so on that note next saturday im going to take it to a shop. thanks so much for everyones help and for information in the future i will tell everyone about this fix! thanks again!v