plastics still not coming off

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
okay so my rear fenders screw is still not coming off , i tried to drill it out but only made it worse it wont grab at all. I need suggestions

So you drilled it out and it just spins now?

Stripped and no head, i would go with some wire snips (Like barb wire type) or maybe even a hammer and try to wrap around it like a nail in wood, just try and rip it out

If worse comes to worse, use a grinder lol

When you "Drilled it out" do you mean you used a bit larger than the head of the screw and shaved the screw head off, or do you mean, you drilled into the screw hoping to drill the screw out from the hole?

If you used the large bit method then you should be able to pull the plastics off of the new stub of a screw then grab the tip with a pair of visegrips and remove the screw by manually unscrewing it with the grips.

I am played this game with 3 screws on a 1985 LT250R motor over the weekend, I was able to remove all threee by drilling the tops off.

got the plastics off with a drill pit, safe to say im going to be posting some pics of my new paintjob for the blaster. thanks for the tips.