PA title / registration

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
So... I bought my blaster without a title. I didn't know too much when I was buying it or else I might not have bought it. The VIN on the frame is covered up with paint and I don't want to sand it off to find it because the paint job is really nice. Beside's it's probably stolen. I found out after I bought the quad that the guy I bought it from is known for selling stolen ATV's.

Anyway.

A friend told me that to get a title in PA you need to have a good bill of sale from the previous owner, a valid VIN number, and a legit reason why you don't have the title. He said that you could go to the notary and they'll run the numbers and get you a title if everything is legit.

I'm thinking about buying a frame with a legit VIN and going to the notary with my bill of sale and the VIN and having them get me a title for the bike.

Has anyone ever done this or tried this, and does it work?
Does anyone know if this information is even accurate?
Thanks in advance.

unless you plan on riding at the alleghany national forest or some other state run atv trails, which suck, dont worry 'bout a title, cause then they wanna give you lisence plates, which the cops can trace, so i wouldnt worry about it, just ride!!!!!!
ps. our bikes could be brothers, with the paint scheme, but nice mods ya got there

Last edited:
its not worth it they cant do any thing with a bill of sale. you could always buy a frame with a title and swap all your parts to that, or go to your notary and tell them you crashed your quad and you bought a new frame, and they don't come with a vin and they should give you a form to fill out and they'll give ya a vin #s..

Reactions: Awk08
ps. our bikes could be brothers, with the paint scheme, but nice mods ya got there

Thanks man. I bought the quad with the 240 and the stroker, but everything else I did. They're gona look even more similar when I install my dynoport pipe. Should be here in the next couple of days. Red, white, and black just go together so well, right? well anyway if youre ever in the Hazleton PA area (freeland, drums, mcadoo, etc) riding, hit me up.

hey nofx, how ya like the steering stabilizer??? big difference???
and ron89, < good info on the vins, rep given

awk, I wouldn't say it's worth the 140 bux I paid for it, but it's definitely a big improvement, especially when you're accelerating real fast and you hit that stupid rock that turns your bars a real lot. I could pretty much ride all day now without any fatugie in my hands and arms from muscling the bars straight. The stabilizer pretty much keeps it straight. The only downfall is that it doesn't do much unless you are on the 5th or 6th setting. The 7th setting pretty much keeps the bars where they are and you can't turn them.

Doesn't matter. Turns out it's not stolen. I sanded down to the frame and found the VIN and had a trace done on it. The guy I bought it from (in texas) was the rightful owner. I bought the bike before I moved to this area.

thats funny, my bike was brought here from texas also, i think the guy found it floatin down the rio grand, by the amount of red mud that was in and on it when i did my rebuild, the bars were even full of the sh*t

thats funny, my bike was brought here from texas also, i think the guy found it floatin down the rio grand, by the amount of red mud that was in and on it when i did my rebuild, the bars were even full of the sh*t

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous, considering we did our restores the same colors. Mine was just all beat up, not filled up with all kinds of dirt.