ok this is weird....

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
we are having connection probs like they saidin the other thread but now whenever i post i get this error!!!

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.blasterforum.com/newreply.php?

The following error was encountered:

•Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Mon, 18 Jan 2010 02:14:36 GMT by 008 (squid/2.6.STABLE21

and i also get the crap about out of memory or somethin, and will prolly get an error when tryin to post this, i can't send a pm without gettigna white screen and i'm getting angry, i'm gonna pm an admin and see what the heck is goin on....!!!!!!!!!!!

i keep getting a fatal error message : memory allocation bullshit, and havent been able to get the chat to load for days

i just got the other error, so i copyed and pasted it, here ya go.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 7340032) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home/blasterf/public_html/global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 73

I think there could be three possible explanations, but I have not messed with websites for a very long time so someone please correct me if I say something wrong.

A.) There is an error in the scripting of the site. Maybe the admins were adding something and it went wrong? Who knows.

B.) Low Bandwidth: We all know that this site is growing immensely. There is a lot of new members everyday and a ton of posts. Maybe the bandwidth of the server is getting too used up. Maybe the admins need to upgrade?

C.) The MySQL database is getting too large. Again: Not an expert here, but it makes sense. To those of you that don't know what an SQL database is, very briefly, it runs the site. It stores all post information, usernames, passwords, everything to the site. If that is getting too big, there is more to load. Also, I don't know for sure on this, maybe there is a max amount of space the SQL database can contain. Maybe some old posts and members need deleted.

All in all, I'm sure the administrators will get it under control. :]

there is another thread about this. The admin said there are alot of new members and the server cant handle it and they plan on up grading the software and sh*t.

I have been getting the same sh*t also. some threads I cant even get on.

Made a few adjustments and things seem to work much better now. Although this the best solution will be when we can upgrade to a new server, I hope this will suffice. So let me know if you have less/more problems after the changes made.